Windows 10: windows stops playing all videos and sounds

Discus and support windows stops playing all videos and sounds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. i'm having trouble with windows 10 playing all sounds and videos. The problem occurs when i play something on YouTube or Spotify or similar. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by izidoro_395, Nov 16, 2019.

1. windows stops playing all videos and sounds

Hi. i'm having trouble with windows 10 playing all sounds and videos. The problem occurs when i play something on YouTube or Spotify or similar. When i pres to play next video or song the player freezes, stops playing and just loads (i use google chrome). The problem is that all sounds and videos in Windows stop playing too(even in games or if i play something with windows media player). If i restart the computer the problem goes away...but next time i play something on YouTube it happens again. The problem occurred after the last bigger update a few months ago ( i think version 1909 update).

So my question is how can i fix the problem or what causes it. Thank you for your help.

:)

izidoro_395, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Nov 16, 2019
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 16, 2019
  4. windows stops playing all videos and sounds

No sound when playing video files on Windows 10

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. When do get the error "this app can't run on this computer"?
    3. Is the sound working fine in Audio files?
    4. What is the make and model number of your computer?

5) What is the format of Video files that you are trying to play? (You may refer to
      File types supported by Windows Media Player).

Meanwhile, download a new video file from the internet and check if the audio is coming from that video file.

Also, copy those video files onto a USB and play them on another computer and check if you are able to hear audio from thos video files.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

windows stops playing all videos and sounds

1. windows stops playing all videos and sounds - Similar Threads - stops playing videos

2. my sound stopped playing all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sound stopped playing all of a sudden: My sound stopped playing, all of a sudden ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-stopped-playing-all-of-a-sudden/3ceeb3fc-04dc-4e1b-b157-d03287acc86f
  3. my sound stopped playing all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sound stopped playing all of a sudden: My sound stopped playing, all of a sudden ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-stopped-playing-all-of-a-sudden/3ceeb3fc-04dc-4e1b-b157-d03287acc86f
  4. Sound stops in video with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops in video with Windows 10: The Sound stops on a video after a few seconds. Windows says I have Best Driver Installed for sound. Windows has been updated and it still does not fix the problem. What's the FIX for this ?...
  5. Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.: SO if I close, ect, and video is firefox(doesn't matter the site) the sound being played through the selected device in windows stops working as well. If this happens and I load up a video or continue one the sound starts up again. It's like firefox/windows 10 sound is...
  6. video's will randomly stop playing

video's will randomly stop playing: For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-randomly-stop-playing/5d750905-a780-420a-93a1-7dbab7137603
  7. mouse stops responding when any video or sound plays

mouse stops responding when any video or sound plays: Whenever a sound plays on the computer my mouse will stop responding then after the sound stops about 10 seconds later my mouse will start moving again. I tried switching to a wired mouse but the same thing was happening, for both wireless and wired mice. during the time...
  8. All sound/video players play on their own after pausing

in Windows 10 Customization
    All sound/video players play on their own after pausing: This started a while ago and windows keeps updating with the same issue persisting. Basically, if I pause any video or any audio from any player whether it be online or offline, it stays paused for a bit (about 2 minutes) then the volume panel flashes and it starts again on...
  9. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops: When i tried playing videos on youtube, the video wouldn't buffer, and on the rare occasion (after reloading many time) they did, the sound would stop working. When i turned sound on, the video then stopped. Any Ideas? I was using Edge...
  10. Play video with sound repeatedly from a video

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Play video with sound repeatedly from a video: I found this problem in some of my media player software that i was using, Media Player Classic with KLite media codec installed and XunLei Media Player. for eg. a video in the length of 10 minutes, it will repeat the 2 second of the audio sound from the video, repeat the...