Windows 10: Windows stops responding when I try to play an audio track (FLAC) that is corrupted

Discus and support Windows stops responding when I try to play an audio track (FLAC) that is corrupted in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to play a corrupted FLAC file, my whole PC freezes and windows stops responding. I am forced to force shut down my computer. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fucking_hero, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Windows stops responding when I try to play an audio track (FLAC) that is corrupted

Whenever I try to play a corrupted FLAC file, my whole PC freezes and windows stops responding. I am forced to force shut down my computer. I was recently copying a bunch of files to an external SSD and some of them got corrupted somehow, but this issue makes it difficult for me to determine whether or not certain files are corrupted

submitted by /u/fucking_hero
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fucking_hero, Apr 3, 2020
  2. gelund Win User

Groove stops playing abruptly

Groove occasionally stops playing a few seconds into a song when I double click a new track in Windows Explorer and an existing track is already playing.

Steps to reproduce

• Open the Music folder
    • Double-click a track
    • With the track still playing, select a different track from Windows Explorer
    • Repeat a few times letting the track play for a few seconds before selecting another
    • On occasion Groove will stop playing a track that has already started

gelund, Apr 3, 2020
  3. audio services not responding

Hi,

This issue is most likely caused by having outdated drivers or possible system file corruption. Let us gather more details about this issue to help us sort out and address this issue.

• Have you made any changes or installed any updates prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to address the problem?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try the following troubleshooting steps:

Run the audio troubleshooter

• In the Cortana search, type Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound, then Playing Audio.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Update audio driver software

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Right-click your audio device and click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab and click Update Driver.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you still encounter the same problem after doing the above steps so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 3, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Windows stops responding when I try to play an audio track (FLAC) that is corrupted

CD Image APE + CUE to FLAC and split into tracks Anybody

Hi sound / Audio Gurus

Tidying up and re-organising around 2 TB of music collection -- I want end result to be mainly flac but have also some 320 kbs mp3's.

I have a load of CD images as single .ape + .cue files.
    I can convert the .ape to .flac easily enough (Linux ffmpeg does easily enough)

What I want next is something that can split the generated .flac file into tracks -- preferably some Windows GUI application

so here's the first stage ape to flac (and it plays fine with vlc etc)

from command : (you don't need to be root actually to run it BTW)

[L: [email protected] 002]# ffmpeg -i inputaudio.ape outputaudio.flac
    ffmpeg version 2.8.15 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 4.8.5 (GCC) 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-28)

you get your flac file :

Windows stops responding when I try to play an audio track (FLAC) that is corrupted [​IMG]

Now I need to split the .flac file into tracks. Any ideas -- I don't want any of those online uploads or some of those sneakerware "conversion programs" that always ask you to "go pro" i.e pay or come riddled with advertisements.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows stops responding when I try to play an audio track (FLAC) that is corrupted

1. Windows stops responding when I try to play an audio track (FLAC) that is corrupted - Similar Threads - stops responding try

2. Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.: When trying to open files, the program attempting to open the file will slow down for around a minute and causes the program to be unresponsive. This can even cause file explorer to stop responding on occasion. After successfully opening a file, the program Is able to open...
  3. Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.: When trying to open files, the program attempting to open the file will slow down for around a minute and causes the program to be unresponsive. This can even cause file explorer to stop responding on occasion. After successfully opening a file, the program Is able to open...
  4. Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio Track

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Track: Basically I have a movie with 720p quality and with both English and Hindi tracks. After some time I got the same movie with 1080p but only in Hindi. So please anyone let me know how can I insert the English track into the 1080p video?...
  6. Audio Track

Audio Track: Basically I have a movie with 720p quality and with both English and Hindi tracks. After some time I got the same movie with 1080p but only in Hindi. So please anyone let me know how can I insert the English track into the 1080p video?...
  7. Windows Media Player stops responding when playing from playlist

Windows Media Player stops responding when playing from playlist: Hello. I'm having an issue with WMPpre-installed version. Each time i play a song from any playlist, it stuck and stop responding for around 1 minute. It happens on each switching, i mean when i switch from my #1 playlist to #2, then switch back and play a song from...
  8. mouse stops responding when any video or sound plays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stops responding when any video or sound plays: Whenever a sound plays on the computer my mouse will stop responding then after the sound stops about 10 seconds later my mouse will start moving again. I tried switching to a wired mouse but the same thing was happening, for both wireless and wired mice. during the time...
  9. Track pad not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Track pad not responding: Hi. I am using windows precision drivers (HID compliant) and on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My track pad was operating perfectly until I plugged in my printer via usb. It then became very slow and eventually stopped responding. I removed the printer's usb cable and the track pad...
  10. Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams

Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams: Hi there any way to capture these FLAC audio HQ streams from BBC Delivering Radio 3 Concert Sound - BBC RD I'm not a fan of things like spotify etc -- I prefer my music on my own library - especially if it's the type of music that doesn't appear in those sorts of...