Windows 10: Windows stops working and shuts down during sleep sessions

Discus and support Windows stops working and shuts down during sleep sessions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, XPS 9300 user and whenever my computer goes into sleep mode for longer than ~30minutes, it restarts when i open the lid. After running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fingerscroxx, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Windows stops working and shuts down during sleep sessions

Hi there,

XPS 9300 user and whenever my computer goes into sleep mode for longer than ~30minutes, it restarts when i open the lid.

After running a reliability report, I find out that "windows has stopped working" and "windows was not properly shut down."

Any help with this? I ran an update check to make sure that all drivers is up to date.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/fingerscroxx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fingerscroxx, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Alstreim Win User

Windows 10 remembering last session, or not fully shutting down.

Hello, community.

I would like to ask if there was a recently update that makes Windows 10 remembers your last session and open almost anything that you left opened after hitting the shutdown button. The issue, if it's one, is that a few days ago my computer started whenever i log-in, to open the windows and programs that i left open.

First, i thought it could be the fast startup, then i disabled. Next, i thought the computer was hibernating instead of shutting down, then i disabled as well. Next, browsing across the internet i came up with re-installing and updating the Intel Management Engine Device, didn't work.

My computer is running the High Performance energy mode, all hybernate/sleep settings are set to never or off. (My windows is in my native language Portuguese, Desligado means Off and Nunca means Never).

Windows stops working and shuts down during sleep sessions [​IMG]

File explorer option to restore previous folder at logon is also disabled.

Windows stops working and shuts down during sleep sessions [​IMG]

The computer turns off, i checked inside and everything stops working, yesterday i even took it out of the power plug to make sure it was really turned off, and when i turned on today, it was here, my last session, lol.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Alstreim, Jun 29, 2020
  3. claylomax Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Windows stops working and shuts down during sleep sessions

SHUT DOWN / SLEEP FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING

Hi Mo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the laptop?
    • When you say ‘’trying 4 options to enable a shut down’’ which option do you exactly refer to? Are you using any third party software to shut down the computer?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps on sleep mode issue and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows stops working and shuts down during sleep sessions

1. Windows stops working and shuts down during sleep sessions - Similar Threads - stops working shuts

2. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  3. Shut down during windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shut down during windows update: So, I had put my windows update on and while the update was going on there was a power cut and therefore, my laptop shut down and the next time I started it windows uninstalled the updates and since then I've been facing a very long boot time and the battery dies really...
  4. Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep: My laptop keeps shutting down randomly during sleep. When it turns back on I get this message: "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata." I looked in the event viewer to the entry before the last shutdown and it says: "Connectivity...
  5. Windows not shutting down/sleeping properly

Windows not shutting down/sleeping properly: This has happened twice now, windows would not shut down properly. when i press shutdown, the monitor goes black but cpu fans and lights keep on running. Moreover, system also doesnt recognize my headphones even tho the ports and headphone itself are functional. I dont know...
  6. Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode

Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode: Hello, I just purchased a brand new Lenovo laptop w/ Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, it will shut down on its own after 30 minutes-1 hour. I find this out as I try to wake it up from sleep and it does not awake. When I turn it on, I can see that the...
  7. Windows 10 deletes programs during sleep/shut down.

Windows 10 deletes programs during sleep/shut down.: I recently updated windows 10, I had no updated it in awhile and it caused problems. Often when I shut down, restart, or sleep/standby my laptop I find certain files VLC Player, Discord Chat, Google Chrome, etc will be gone. The shortcut will be missing from the desktop and...
  8. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  9. Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep: I had problem dual booting win7 and win10. After many attempts I was able to dual boot. But in the process, I deleted "system reserved" partition. So windows want start. I performed start up repair and it solved the problem. After that I reinstalled win7 ultimate which...
  10. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.: Hello, I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid. The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to...