Windows 10: Windows storage and One Drive

Discus and support Windows storage and One Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an unusual question: My HP computer has two drives one C: drive is app 117 Gb and the D drive is appx 885Gb with the intent that the D drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pack Man 5319, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows storage and One Drive

I have an unusual question: My HP computer has two drives one C: drive is app 117 Gb and the D drive is appx 885Gb with the intent that the D drive is the data drive. A few months ago I became aware that the C: drive was almost full and I took the apropriate steps to ensure all my date (documents, photos etc) were rerouted to their intended location of D drive and the situation appared to correct itself. I noticed again today that less than 10Gb remained on the C drive. So it is out of my depth of knowledge to ascertain what could be moved off of the C drive because it appears to be only programs necessary for the operation of the system but a view of photos folder indicated that 6.5 Ghb were located in the C one drive file. Is there a way to force windows to use the D drive to store these files or will I be forced to discard them?? OneDrive

:)

Pack Man 5319, Dec 31, 2018
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. little cat, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows storage and One Drive

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows storage and One Drive

1. Windows storage and One Drive - Similar Threads - storage Drive

2. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  3. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  4. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  5. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  6. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

7. My C and D drives' storage is full even though I have not stored large files. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C and D drives' storage is full even though I have not stored large files. Is there a...: I have stored files of nearly 20-25GB in my D drive. The total capacity is 122 GB. However, there is no space left in the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-and-d-drives-storage-is-full-even-though-i/986a78dd-f640-430c-b041-43b032c79e90
  8. My C and D drives' storage is full even though I have not stored large files. Is there a...

My C and D drives' storage is full even though I have not stored large files. Is there a...: I have stored files of nearly 20-25GB in my D drive. The total capacity is 122 GB. However, there is no space left in the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-and-d-drives-storage-is-full-even-though-i/986a78dd-f640-430c-b041-43b032c79e90
  9. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  10. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...