Windows 10: Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Discus and support Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PACMAN8604, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became unclickable. I searched the web for a solution and found a PowerShell solution. It worked, but it only fixed the problem until I decided to play again.

A few days ago, I went to open up my camera app and a screen would open up for 1 second and close. It also happened when I tried to open up the Windows Store.

"@{Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.27.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsStore/Resources/StoreTitle}"

I've tried everything except system restores. I never set up restore points and that's my fault. I really don't want to spend hours downloading all my games and programs again. I also don't want to spend money on a external hard drive to make backups of everything. If I have to, I will. Hopefully there is a quicker and easier fix. I don't understand why there just isn't a uninstall and reinstall option for the Windows Store.

Well, here is a screen shot I made of my issue. I've read through a few other posts about Store errors, I think mine is different than most of the other ones on here. Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing [​IMG]

:)

PACMAN8604, Mar 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 unusable after update

Update:

The new local account presents a new look, with a wide Start Menu.

Start Menu has just 8 disseminated icons:

- Edge

- Cortana

- Phone Companion

- Twitter

- Candy Crush

- Minecraft W10 Ed. ** Broken link **

- Flipboard ** Broken link **

- One of my previous personal apps ** Broken link **

There is no Windows Store

Rest of Windows Apps are missing.

trader12345, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 unusable after update

Thank you for your help.

I created a local admin account.

It seems to work somewhat better in terms of program associations and no broken links in Start Menu.

But the Windows Store + Windows Apps are missing.

trader12345, Mar 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Hi and welcome to Tenforums.
    If the Powershell solution you're referring to, is the one I *think* you're referring to, well, that doesn't work anymore - it just breaks the Store (and all Store Apps). *Sad

I will suggest right now that you go ahead and spend the money on an external hard drive, and back up! You could use Macrium Reflect Free and make images of your hard drive, so when things go wrong, you can just restore an image, and you're back in business.

Once a backup is completed, you can try a repair install using an in-place upgrade. This will, if successful, preserve all your software and data.

Hope that helps!

simrick, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

1. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing - Similar Threads - Store Apps Broken

2. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing: I was having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a full reset and start from scratch, but I am encountering other issues now involving Microsoft Store. Upon reset, Microsoft Store appeared on my taskbar. However, once I clicked on it to launch the app, it disappeared....
  3. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing: I was having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a full reset and start from scratch, but I am encountering other issues now involving Microsoft Store. Upon reset, Microsoft Store appeared on my taskbar. However, once I clicked on it to launch the app, it disappeared....
  4. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken/Missing Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Broken/Missing Microsoft Store: Desperately need help. Recently I have brought a game of the Microsoft Store. But it wasn't downloading, hence I went into Apps and Features in setting and press reset on the Microsoft Store. Now my Microsoft Store does not show up in Apps and Features. I have tried fixing it...
  6. Microsoft Store missing and broken :(

Microsoft Store missing and broken :(: Hi all, new to the forum and hope someone can assist... Was trying to install "HP Smart" from MS Store but kept failing (Win10 1709). Tried resetting the store with wsreset without much luck. After some googling I was stupid enough to mess with the "C:\Program...
  7. Windows Store missing/broken

Windows Store missing/broken: Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I want help with an issue that I've been having for a long time now and I've searched everywhere for solutions, but none of them worked so I thought maybe you guys can help me. As the title says, after I did a fresh...
  8. Windows Store missing/broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Store missing/broken: Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I want help with an issue that I've been having for a long time now and I've searched everywhere for solutions, but none of them worked so I thought maybe you guys can help me. As the title says, after I did a fresh...
  9. Windows Store Apps Broken (Missing Drive).

Windows Store Apps Broken (Missing Drive).: So ever since updating to the Windows 10 April Update my previously installed Windows Store apps are broken. So before updating to the Windows 10 April Update I had most of my Windows Store Apps installed on my E: drive (A dynamic volume btw). When updating to the April...
  10. Store app broken

Store app broken: The latest Updates, KB3074679 & KB3074686, seem to have broken the Store app, opens only to the initial screen with the swirling dots then immediately closes after about half the dots being visible. Can't update the Store if it doesn't open. Link to report to Microsoft also...