Windows 10: Windows store and apps crash immediately after launch and file explorer errors

Discus and support Windows store and apps crash immediately after launch and file explorer errors in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello there, I started receiving mass amounts of errors after i started getting a "Your windows license is about to expire" Notification, which... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JamesDavidson7, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Windows store and apps crash immediately after launch and file explorer errors

Hello there,

I started receiving mass amounts of errors after i started getting a "Your windows license is about to expire" Notification, which stopped appearing a couple days ago I have a laptop which is activated by my school.

After the notification stopped showing up i started to run into many errors with apps and the file explorer, For example i keep all my school work on onedrive and i can add files into my onedrive just fine, but when ever I try to open a file I get this error message, 'file system error -2147416359".

I tired to follow the tutorials to fix the windows store and apps, as I needed Onenote to take notes in class, but when i tried the commands to clean the cache I get the same error "file system error -2147416359".

I Was just wondering if there is any way to fix these issues without reseting the laptop, as my school isn't taking repairs at the moment because of Coronavirus.

Thanks for the Help In Advance!

:)

JamesDavidson7, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire app crashing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection and it crashes when you launch it, we will look into this for you. However, please reply with the following details to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• What happens when you launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection?
    • Do you read any error message when you launch the game? If yes, what is the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows store and apps crash immediately after launch and file explorer errors

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows store and apps crash immediately after launch and file explorer errors

1. Windows store and apps crash immediately after launch and file explorer errors - Similar Threads - store apps crash

2. CS2 crashes immediately on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CS2 crashes immediately on launch: Getting and Error in event viewer:The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.Event ID 10010The server {8CFC164F-4BE5-4FDD-94E9-E2AF73ED4A19} did not register with DCOM within the required...
  3. CS2 crashes immediately on launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CS2 crashes immediately on launch: Getting and Error in event viewer:The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.Event ID 10010The server {8CFC164F-4BE5-4FDD-94E9-E2AF73ED4A19} did not register with DCOM within the required...
  4. File Explorer crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashing on launch: After updating to Windows 11 I have had a recurring issue over the past few months with File Explorer crashing when launching it.This only happens when I am not connected to my office network, so I believe it may have something to do with the network drives I have mapped for...
  5. File Explorer crashing on launch

File Explorer crashing on launch: After updating to Windows 11 I have had a recurring issue over the past few months with File Explorer crashing when launching it.This only happens when I am not connected to my office network, so I believe it may have something to do with the network drives I have mapped for...
  6. Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.: Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.I was able to download and launch Minecraft windows 10 app from the microsoft store app, so this seems to be related to Roblox only at this time.I tried the steps shown here:Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing shortly after launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing shortly after launching: Hello, My File Explorer crashes shortly after opening. I've tried all recommended troubleshooting approaches to no avail. Here is the diagnostic for my most recent crash. Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎1/‎21/‎2020 8:17 PM Status...
  8. Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching: Windows Version Number: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Recently I became annoyed with restrictive permissions in C:\Program Files. I changed the permissions for C:\ to only contain user Everyone with Full Control permissions. I changed the Owner in Advanced Permissions to...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Immediately After Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Immediately After Launch: I bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on PC and installed it. But when i open it it launches and after 2 seconds it crashes. I updated Windows, uninstalled MSI Afterburner, disabled Norton Antivirus and resetted the Store cache but none of these worked. And on top of that...
  10. Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately

Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately: I don't know when this happened but, apps that I got from the Windows store are not working. Mainly Twitter, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. Other apps like Netflix seem to be working just fine. I don't know what caused this. I've tried resetting the windows store app...