Windows 10: Windows store and apps totally broken

Discus and support Windows store and apps totally broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm writing because i've a problem with windows store and all the windows apps. One day all my windows apps stopped working, crashing on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alessandro_814, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Windows store and apps totally broken

Hi all,

I'm writing because i've a problem with windows store and all the windows apps. One day all my windows apps stopped working, crashing on launch, so I tried to restore them from the "app properties" page, and they started working again for a while, but after 1 2 days everything broke again. So I went on the settings page of the store, and tried to restore it, but now it disappeared. I can see it from the start menu, but it doesn't work, and it's not present in the application list. I've tried to restore all apps through PowerShell, I've tried everything on the net, but it didn't help. I've also created a new user account and done an in-place upgrade, but nothing to do. I've also tried to copy the folder inside WindowsApps folder from a new Windows ISO, and nothing happens. It's impossible to install the store because of an error something related to a package suspended.

How can i solve? Should I clean install windows or is there any quicker solution?

Thanks a lot,

Alessandro

:)

Alessandro_814, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows store and apps totally broken :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Windows store and apps totally broken

Store app broken

Last suggestion I have:

Try the control Panel Trouble shooter:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting
    Press view all and select
    Windows Store apps

I'm not sure if this online trouble shooter works with Win10, but it is another thing you can try:
    Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Fix Apps in Windows 8

Slartybart, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows store and apps totally broken

1. Windows store and apps totally broken - Similar Threads - store apps totally

2. Microsoft store apps broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps broken: so i've been having a problem with the microsoft store where multiple microsoft apps won't update or install, i've got the error code 0x80070057. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-broken/2d422ac1-9465-4dc8-b6d1-d027aa09f357
  3. Windows Store & Xbox App beta are broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store & Xbox App beta are broken: Hi. I am having an infuriating issue with these two windows apps. At first i noticed that windows store wasn't installing anything a few days ago, however i ignored as it wasn't apps i was interested in. I then noticed today that the Xbox App wouldn't update any games. So...
  4. Windows App Store Total Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows App Store Total Failure: I am running Windows 10, 1909 build that came from an upgrade, to my knowledge. After every refresh, every clean install, the app store doesn't work. AT ALL. No store, no apps, not even the calculator works. Click, button depresses, no actions in the computer or event...
  5. Sandbox totally broken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandbox totally broken: So I wanted to test the Windows 10 Sandbox, which finally was "fixed" with KB4512941, so you can finally at leat open it. So... opening works now, and I get this: - Permanent 10% svchost.exe usage in Sandbox: https://i.imgur.com/Mfk66Gb.png - Search doesnt work, clicking...
  6. Sandbox totally broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sandbox totally broken: So I wanted to test the Windows 10 Sandbox, which finally was "fixed" with KB4512941, so you can finally at leat open it. So... opening works now, and I get this: - Permanent 10% svchost.exe usage in Sandbox: https://i.imgur.com/Mfk66Gb.png - Search doesnt work, clicking...
  7. Windows build 100130 totally broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows build 100130 totally broken: I have steam on my computer and with the latest build 100130 steam is completely broken. It won't connect to the steam server and so the steam games are broken even with a clean install. This seems to be a major problem if it is widespread as there are a lot of steam users....
  8. Store app broken

Store app broken: The latest Updates, KB3074679 & KB3074686, seem to have broken the Store app, opens only to the initial screen with the swirling dots then immediately closes after about half the dots being visible. Can't update the Store if it doesn't open. Link to report to Microsoft also...
  9. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing: So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became unclickable. I searched the web for a solution and found a PowerShell solution. It worked, but it only fixed the problem...
  10. In-app purchases currently broken in the Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    In-app purchases currently broken in the Windows Store: If you’re having issues with your in-app purchases on the Windows platform, know that you are not alone. Developers and users alike are complaining that the in-app purchasing system is currently not working. Lots of Windows users have started to decry the fact that they’re...