Windows 10: Windows Store and Calculator does not work after new profile.

Discus and support Windows Store and Calculator does not work after new profile. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, On Windows 10 1809, a new domain profile causes calculater and microsoft store to not work. Windows Calculator instantly closes after you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rasmus_DK, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Rasmus_DK Win User

Windows Store and Calculator does not work after new profile.

Hello,

On Windows 10 1809, a new domain profile causes calculater and microsoft store to not work.

Windows Calculator instantly closes after you open it, and MS Store wont let me sign in.

Things I've tried:

- Reset both apps

- Reset Windows

- Register all apps with Powershell

- Reinstall both with powershell

- SFC Scan

- Dism scan

However none seems to helped, any suggestions?

:)

Rasmus_DK, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

window store not working

Hi,

What is the error message you get when you try to access Store ,Camera, Alarm ,Calculator apps?

I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• On the desktop screen, press
      Windows key and R to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Can't use Windows Store App or calculator

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to use Windows Store App or calculator.

The issue might be caused due to corruption in system files or corrupted user account.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and press Enter
      key.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select Windows Store Apps from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue is unresolved, perform step 2.

Step 2: Create a new user account.

Refer to the below link to create a local user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Windows Store and Calculator does not work after new profile.

Calculator does not work!

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. Are you referring to the inbuilt calculator or an calculator app downloaded from the store?

2. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

3. What is the complete error message you receive when you try to launch the calculator?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: System File Checker

Run the system file checker to scan and repair corrupted system files.

Follow the steps to run the System File Checker

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Elevated Command Prompt. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.

Method 2: New user account

Try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. This will help us identify if this is due to a corrupted user profile. Refer the steps given in the help article on
    How to Set up Accounts?

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store and Calculator does not work after new profile.

1. Windows Store and Calculator does not work after new profile. - Similar Threads - Store Calculator does

2. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  3. Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10

Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10: The Calculator App is not working on Windows 10. Here is the information about my PC and Windows version: 16 GB RAM 64-bit operating system Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS build 19043.685 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 I have worked for HOURS trying...
  4. Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset

Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset: Hi. So I installed some optional updates to Windows 10 and it crashed my computer. I got stuck in BSOD loop even before the login screen, and Safe Mode wasn't helpful either, so had to reset the windows while keeping my data, but losing all user apps. Once it restored and I...
  5. Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search: Hello! In Windows Search Win key + S the calculator, currency converter and other capabilities does not work for me.When I say it for Cortana it works, but in most cases typing would be better. Cortana is enabled and running, but somehow it does not integrate with Search....
  6. Built in apps photos, calculator, and etc are not working after recreate user profile on...

Built in apps photos, calculator, and etc are not working after recreate user profile on...: Can someone tell me the correct way how to recreate user profile on windows 10 join domain? because I am facing issue with built in app after recreate user profile with rename user profilelist registry and user folder. thank you rename registry...
  7. Windows Store Apps stopp working after recreating a profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store Apps stopp working after recreating a profile: Hello Guys, I have some troubles and I really need your help. In some instances the Foto-App and the Calculator and sometimes all Windows-Store-Apps stop working. After opening them they close immodestly or in the case of the Foto-App, when I open a picture I get the Error...
  8. Windows Calculator Not working

Windows Calculator Not working: Hello, When I am opening the windows calculator from my windows 10 pc its opening and its closing immediately. It's not opening properly. It's not loading completely. I have logged in with Admin credentials and from there Calculator is working fine. Only from my...
  9. Windows Calculator stopped working after application update through Windows Store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Calculator stopped working after application update through Windows Store: I've had issues with a computer where Calculator crashes as soon as it opens. I've had this issue with one computer where I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling all the Windows 10 default apps using powershell. This computer was not corrected using the same method....
  10. Windows store Calculator crashes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store Calculator crashes: When launching calc the windows store calls calculator.exe from the "C:\Program Files\Windowsapps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1811.3241.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" directory but the application crashes with the following exception and faulting module: Exception code:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calculator not working on user profile