Windows 10: Windows store and New apps will save to issues

Discus and support Windows store and New apps will save to issues in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can no longer move my installs to any other location then my c drive. My C drive is reserved system stuff. Also under setting and storage it will not... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by derrickweil, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Windows store and New apps will save to issues

I can no longer move my installs to any other location then my c drive. My C drive is reserved system stuff. Also under setting and storage it will not let me any SSD or nvme drives as the default location. how do i fix these please anyone.

:)

derrickweil, Mar 4, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Mar 4, 2020
  3. App store issues in Windows 10

Hi Herbert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try troubleshooting the Windows app and check if issue persist. To do so, kindly refer to the below given steps:

I suggest you to runthe Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• ClickonWindows Store app.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given link to run Windows app troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Windows store and New apps will save to issues

Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows store and New apps will save to issues

1. Windows store and New apps will save to issues - Similar Threads - store apps save

2. Business store not saving App Availability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Business store not saving App Availability: I am having an issue where I am managing an app from the Microsoft Store for Business : https://businessstore.microsoft.com/When I try to be make this app available to "Everyone" in the Private store availability tab, it says it was successful. Microsoft Store for Business...
  3. Business store not saving App Availability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Business store not saving App Availability: I am having an issue where I am managing an app from the Microsoft Store for Business : https://businessstore.microsoft.com/When I try to be make this app available to "Everyone" in the Private store availability tab, it says it was successful. Microsoft Store for Business...
  4. New Account with saved apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Account with saved apps?: I am planning on making a new Microsoft account and I want to keep all of my apps because I own a $120 game and I heard you cannot transfer anything so what can I do...
  5. New Account with saved apps?

New Account with saved apps?: I am planning on making a new Microsoft account and I want to keep all of my apps because I own a $120 game and I heard you cannot transfer anything so what can I do...
  6. "New apps will save to" 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "New apps will save to" 0x80070005: Getting this issue, already tried every solution I could including: Renaming the WindowsApps file, deleting the WindowsApps file, deleting all existing windows files on said drive, and a bunch of other solutions I found that didn't work. What else can I do to fix this, I'm...
  7. having trouble saving where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    having trouble saving where new apps are saved: i try to use one of my other drives to save where my new apps are saved and gives me error 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-saving-where-new-apps-are-saved/9d5b0e06-7f38-4354-ad56-690b3b6f378f
  8. Change where new apps will save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where new apps will save to: I got xbox game pass and when trying to install it says I have to set up a new install location. When I try to do this it doesn't coming up with an error code which I have yet to find a solution to...
  9. Saving new store apps to a different drive

Saving new store apps to a different drive: I know you can specify where apps download to. Does that mean they can be mixed up? For example I'd rather the native or basic apps don't get touched and stay where they are on C:, I think it's asking for trouble fiddling with those. But as my C: is a 500 gb SSD which is half...
  10. Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

Windows Store Netflix App New Issue: I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value...