Windows 10: Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own

Discus and support Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but if I am away from my computer for a few minutes, then come back, Windows Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shathox3x, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Shathox3x Win User

Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own

Hello,

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but if I am away from my computer for a few minutes, then come back, Windows Store or any other windows app, such as Photos, is open.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

Shathox3x, Aug 5, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

snapchat app

"windows" doesn't launch anything.

the windows store, like any other store, has apps made by other companies. snapchat app is made by... snapchat, who refuse to make a windows store version of their app.

go speak to snapchat.

LCRT, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Apps opening own their own

To DanBTX the quickest and maybe the best fix is to visit this link and follow the guide to disable the apps.

Remove default Apps from Windows 10

It says remove but infact only disables them for the account you're on. But it at least stops the annoyance of these applications opening on their own.

A lot of people are having this problem it seems form a basic websearch.

So even if following your advice fixes it it needs to be fixed by Microsoft. (although from past experience fixes offered by MS reps rarely fix anything so I won;t hold my breathe, call me jaded from experience with Wundows products and their support.)

This issue could of been prevented from the get go, if Microsoft would stop default installing bloatware and gave users the option to do a core install minus any unnecessary apps. OR allowed uses to pick manually what apps they may of wanted.

I have been finding what are essentially doubles of software, you ask cortana to play music, she loads a music player, "oh a new mediaplayer' I thought, I double click a song file and am surprised to find Mediaplayer 12 opens up.

I already have a mail client so I don't need windows 10 or Cortana trying to make me use the Windows 10 Mail App.

So now I find many programs doubled up thanks to MS deciding what apps should be on my PC. And to be honest many of these news apps are much worse in design and features .

(Seriously am I going to find Internet Explorer still installed on my PC somewhere?)

Seriously how many mediaplayers, mail clients, etc do we need on one Windows install?

If I want another mail client, mediaplayer, photo veiwer etc, I know how to find and install them myself be it an app from the windows store, or a 3rd Party program, as do many others. We do not need Microsoft holding our hand, or forcing stuff on us.

What's worse is I fixed the problem, I uninstalled the apps, or as it turns out, have only disabled them. Because most apps forced on people cannot be simply uninstalled like most regular programs, no, you have to powershell them out.

I did so, but seems I only made them dormant. If I were to make another account on my PC, they'd be there again, just as broken as ever.

Only have the store now, which I was hoping to keep, but as that keep appearing on my task bar seems that has to go now too.

Seriously Microsoft has learned nothing, especially from that whole 'monopoly lawsuit' thing from years ago that was essentially over them adding their own products like this to the OS trying to cut out 3rd party developers who made similar add on products.

Instead of always getting people to make multiple posts and expecting them to do technical maintenance of their own, and as I stated, maintenance that often doesn't resolve the issue, how about for once Microsoft makes sure their own Operating System works
    as intended and provides fixes for these kinds of issues as soon as they arise, or shall we be waiting a year or two for a "Windows 10 SP1" or "Windows 10.1" like with previous versions?

And here I thought the Jump to the number 10 was to distance this new OS to the past mistakes of systems like Windows Vista and 8, but here we are, with exactly the same issues still happening.

Update: while writing my rant here, I ran themaintenance suggested by
    Waseemulla S to the OP. No problems found, not surprised.

Looked at the advance info and saw nothing maintenance wise that seemed to do with checking apps or software like them for issues.

No doubt the recently closed WIndows Store App will be back on my taskbar in the next 10 seconds.

That is until MICROSOFT, and NOT the consumer, fixes the problem.

DoomedMarine, Aug 5, 2015
  4. JerichoNT Win User

I know it doesn't provide any real answers, but this is happening frequently to me as well. So you're not alone.

JerichoNT, Aug 11, 2015
  5. JerichoNT Win User
    So this may be a solution to this issue, at least it has been working for me. If you open the store and click the little half person in the upper right portion next to the search box, then choose settings, you can turn off the auto update and live tile features. I'm not sure why, but this seems to have worked for me as it hasn't reoccurred. (Turning off the app update makes sense the more I think about it.)

Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own [​IMG]

Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own [​IMG]

JerichoNT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own - Similar Threads - Store apps launch

2. Microsoft Store will not launch, along with other apps like Calculator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will not launch, along with other apps like Calculator: I am running Windows 10 and had to reinstall it which I've now done 3 times. The Microsoft Store app will not launch. I can see the app on the start page, but when I click on it or try to use the "open" button, nothing happens. I also have tried to launch the calculator that...
  3. Windows Store missing / Apps will not launch.

Windows Store missing / Apps will not launch.: After installing the latest updates in the Update Manager, I restarted my PC and found that no Microsoft apps would work, and the Store was missing. The troubleshooter says it can't find a problem, I have reinstalled recovery/reset Windows 10 three times, and the issue...
  4. Can't Launch Windows App Store

Can't Launch Windows App Store: [ATTACH] This is what I get when trying to open up microsoft store. Only started happening after I got a new router. However, my internet connection is working just fine on all my devices. Reset the router, still happening. Reset windows store app, didn't fix it. I...
  5. Microsoft store owned app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store owned app.: I have Microsoft store owned app for DVD player but they want to charge me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-owned-app/f962b425-960d-49a5-aedb-ac777937586d
  6. Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch

Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch: I have recently reinstalled windows 10 and now Microsoft Store and a bunch of other apps like Photos do not launch. They open for a fraction of a seconds and then crash. I have tried wsreset, a bunch of other powershell commands and nothing has worked. I even factory reset my...
  7. Windows store apps will not launch

Windows store apps will not launch: I cannot launch any windows store apps. Store, Snip 'n sketch and feedback up are not operational. none of these apps show up in Apps and Features in Settings. I have installed 2020-04 update and am current on all updates....
  8. Calculator App Launches On Its Own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator App Launches On Its Own: Hello, everyone. I've been having an odd issue with my Calculator App for the last month or so: it launches on its own at random points in time, and I've been unable to find out why, or to make it stop. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1903. So far, it seems to be connected...
  9. Issues with Windows Store and Store Apps, Unable to launch.

Issues with Windows Store and Store Apps, Unable to launch.: Every since the last windows update none of the windows applications are working for me anymore. When I try to open the windows store it either doesn't do anything or opens for a second and closes. This is the error I get whenever I try to use something like photos,...
  10. Store App Keeps Launching at Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store App Keeps Launching at Windows Startup: When I first installed Windows 10 Store didn't exhibit this behaviour but lately it starts itself after I have logged into Windows. I haven't asked it to do this and I wish it wouldn't. 2999