Windows 10: Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own

Discus and support Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but if I am away from my computer for a few minutes, then come back, Windows Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shathox3x, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Shathox3x Win User

Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own

Hello,

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but if I am away from my computer for a few minutes, then come back, Windows Store or any other windows app, such as Photos, is open.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

Shathox3x, Aug 5, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

snapchat app

"windows" doesn't launch anything.

the windows store, like any other store, has apps made by other companies. snapchat app is made by... snapchat, who refuse to make a windows store version of their app.

go speak to snapchat.

LCRT, Aug 5, 2015
  3. DoomedMarine Win User
    Apps opening own their own

To DanBTX the quickest and maybe the best fix is to visit this link and follow the guide to disable the apps.

Remove default Apps from Windows 10

It says remove but infact only disables them for the account you're on. But it at least stops the annoyance of these applications opening on their own.

A lot of people are having this problem it seems form a basic websearch.

So even if following your advice fixes it it needs to be fixed by Microsoft. (although from past experience fixes offered by MS reps rarely fix anything so I won;t hold my breathe, call me jaded from experience with Wundows products and their support.)

This issue could of been prevented from the get go, if Microsoft would stop default installing bloatware and gave users the option to do a core install minus any unnecessary apps. OR allowed uses to pick manually what apps they may of wanted.

I have been finding what are essentially doubles of software, you ask cortana to play music, she loads a music player, "oh a new mediaplayer' I thought, I double click a song file and am surprised to find Mediaplayer 12 opens up.

I already have a mail client so I don't need windows 10 or Cortana trying to make me use the Windows 10 Mail App.

So now I find many programs doubled up thanks to MS deciding what apps should be on my PC. And to be honest many of these news apps are much worse in design and features .

(Seriously am I going to find Internet Explorer still installed on my PC somewhere?)

Seriously how many mediaplayers, mail clients, etc do we need on one Windows install?

If I want another mail client, mediaplayer, photo veiwer etc, I know how to find and install them myself be it an app from the windows store, or a 3rd Party program, as do many others. We do not need Microsoft holding our hand, or forcing stuff on us.

What's worse is I fixed the problem, I uninstalled the apps, or as it turns out, have only disabled them. Because most apps forced on people cannot be simply uninstalled like most regular programs, no, you have to powershell them out.

I did so, but seems I only made them dormant. If I were to make another account on my PC, they'd be there again, just as broken as ever.

Only have the store now, which I was hoping to keep, but as that keep appearing on my task bar seems that has to go now too.

Seriously Microsoft has learned nothing, especially from that whole 'monopoly lawsuit' thing from years ago that was essentially over them adding their own products like this to the OS trying to cut out 3rd party developers who made similar add on products.

Instead of always getting people to make multiple posts and expecting them to do technical maintenance of their own, and as I stated, maintenance that often doesn't resolve the issue, how about for once Microsoft makes sure their own Operating System works
    as intended and provides fixes for these kinds of issues as soon as they arise, or shall we be waiting a year or two for a "Windows 10 SP1" or "Windows 10.1" like with previous versions?

And here I thought the Jump to the number 10 was to distance this new OS to the past mistakes of systems like Windows Vista and 8, but here we are, with exactly the same issues still happening.

Update: while writing my rant here, I ran themaintenance suggested by
    Waseemulla S to the OP. No problems found, not surprised.

Looked at the advance info and saw nothing maintenance wise that seemed to do with checking apps or software like them for issues.

No doubt the recently closed WIndows Store App will be back on my taskbar in the next 10 seconds.

That is until MICROSOFT, and NOT the consumer, fixes the problem.

DoomedMarine, Aug 5, 2015
  4. JerichoNT Win User

I know it doesn't provide any real answers, but this is happening frequently to me as well. So you're not alone.

JerichoNT, Aug 11, 2015
  5. JerichoNT Win User
    So this may be a solution to this issue, at least it has been working for me. If you open the store and click the little half person in the upper right portion next to the search box, then choose settings, you can turn off the auto update and live tile features. I'm not sure why, but this seems to have worked for me as it hasn't reoccurred. (Turning off the app update makes sense the more I think about it.)

Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own [​IMG]

Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own [​IMG]

JerichoNT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own - Similar Threads - Store apps launch

2. store and other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    store and other apps: hi... from yesterday i cant access microsoft store and other apps such as tips ... it shows no internet.. but i can use browsers without any problems.. why this happends? is it for my settings? or the connection???...
  3. None of the Windows 10 Store Apps launch successfully, store doesn't launch either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of the Windows 10 Store Apps launch successfully, store doesn't launch either: Microsoft Store, Photos, Calendar, Calculator, Camera, Feedback Hub, Films and TV, Get Help, Alarms and clock, Mail, Maps, etc None of these TRUSTED MICROSOFT STORE APPS work on my Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 10.0.17134 As soon as I launch any of these apps, a...
  4. MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.: Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago. Ms store and the apps within open for a second then disappear. No Error notifications anywhere. I have tried the Powershell and SFC routes with no success. I know Powershell is the...
  5. Windows 10 Store and other Apps not working

Windows 10 Store and other Apps not working: For many weeks my wife’s PC has had a problem with running the Store (and other) Apps. The problems started shortly after Creators Edition Update was installed. Manifestation is that when Windows Store is started, the square splash screen is shown, with logo in centre, but...
  6. Cannot Access Windows Store and other apps

Cannot Access Windows Store and other apps: I cannot access the Winodws 10 store or any other apps like news, sports, maps etc... 17743
  7. How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?: Did a fresh install of Windows 10 recently and usually after I finish the setup I uninstall programs and apps that I do not use, this includes many of the default Windows apps. This time, I accidentally uninstalled the Photos and the Windows Store app. I've contacted official...
  8. windows store & other apps missing and/or not working (properly)

windows store & other apps missing and/or not working (properly): I'll try to keep it short... after initial problems with both task bar and start menu I've followed the steps from this forum to get it working properly again. Thanx for that, it worked great! 1 day later the store and edge apps were missing from the task bar, I can now...
  9. Store App Keeps Launching at Windows Startup

Store App Keeps Launching at Windows Startup: When I first installed Windows 10 Store didn't exhibit this behaviour but lately it starts itself after I have logged into Windows. I haven't asked it to do this and I wish it wouldn't. 2999
  10. Store Apps won't launch

Store Apps won't launch: So after the yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10, I decided to download it again and make an USB for a fresh installation. Done that. But after I booted into the OS, I noticed that Store Apps won't launch at all. Even the defaults like Mail and Music and everything 'metro'. I...