Windows 10: Windows Store and Photos app

Discus and support Windows Store and Photos app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; To whom it concerns, My windows apps such as photos, store, calculator stopped working. How can I fix this? I checked various posts online but most... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Bernard948, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Windows Store and Photos app

To whom it concerns,

My windows apps such as photos, store, calculator stopped working. How can I fix this? I checked various posts online but most of it is from 2016.

Regards,

Bernard Heng.

:)

Bernard948, Nov 14, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10--> app store, photo <--- not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows Store apps as they are not working, we will help you with this issue.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: For issues with Windows Store.

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Windows Store.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store apps form working properly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Windows Store and Photos app

store and photos app isnt showing proper icons

Hello Aditya,

As you are facing issues with accessing Photos app on your device with icons not displayed properly, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any update for Photos app from Windows Store. If found, try to update the app and check if it helps.

Open Windows Store, search for Photos app, check if you are able to find Update option.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store and Photos app

1. Windows Store and Photos app - Similar Threads - Store Photos app

2. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  3. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  4. Notepad, Photos, App store, ETC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad, Photos, App store, ETC.: Hello! I was just wondering that how exactly do I get my pe-installed apps on the PC? Apps like notepad, photos, the app store, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-photos-app-store-etc/d817e364-4501-403f-8c95-60fab18fd6d0
  5. Windows 11 Store and Photos app are missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Store and Photos app are missing?: Hello! I have installed fresh copy of Windows 11. Now I cannot find Microsoft store and Phots app photos open with Print viewer for now. Please advice any fix?Version: 21H2 Build: 22000.194Currently found lost apps are,PaintSnipping toolMicrosoft StorePhotosShould I repair...
  6. Windows 11 Store and Photos app are missing?

Windows 11 Store and Photos app are missing?: Hello! I have installed fresh copy of Windows 11. Now I cannot find Microsoft store and Phots app photos open with Print viewer for now. Please advice any fix?Version: 21H2 Build: 22000.194Currently found lost apps are,PaintSnipping toolMicrosoft StorePhotosShould I repair...
  7. cannot open windows photo app or store

cannot open windows photo app or store: this issue with the store and the Photos window app is totally frustrating.....none of the options/assistance helps in any way. As it came with windows 10 there appears to be no way you can resolve this issue......
  8. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App: The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color and the photos app would not even launch. The fact that the app wouldn't even work at all told me something was up, so after...
  9. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App: The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color and the photos app would not even launch. The fact that the app wouldn't even work at all told me something was up, so after...
  10. App store and Photo app annoying

App store and Photo app annoying: Basically I have a problem... Every time I leave my computer for more than 5 minutes the App Store and Photo app opens. It is bugging me as it minimizes games I am in. I then just right click and exit. Any ideas on how to prevent this? 17180