Windows 10: Windows store and related apps won't open

Discus and support Windows store and related apps won't open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello guys. I have a very annoying problem. All windows 10 apps, including Windows 10 won't start. When I try to open a JPEG file for instance, Photos... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HarrysCrosswell, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Windows store and related apps won't open

Hello guys. I have a very annoying problem. All windows 10 apps, including Windows 10 won't start.

When I try to open a JPEG file for instance, Photos says "Invalid value for registry".
    When I click on the tile on start screen, it becomes darker with a white bar under it during 4~10 seconds, and then it backs to normal. Some of these apps are permanently darkened with exclamation mark at bottom-right.
    I tried wsreset.exe, but it also says "Invalid value for registry".

I tried repair and reset, but no change.

I tried re-registring all apps with powershell, no success.

I tried reinstalling Windows 10 keeping files and apps, no favorable change.
    I don't know what to do now. I don' want to install third-party apps to replace them. Please can you tell me what's wrong and how can I deal to resolve it?
    PS: That issue started after a system crash with blue screen of death.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

HarrysCrosswell, Dec 10, 2018

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Store won-t open

Hi Mateo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R key to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

SujataMoktan, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Windows store and related apps won't open

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows store and related apps won't open

1. Windows store and related apps won't open - Similar Threads - store related apps

2. Windows app store won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  3. Windows app store won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  4. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional: Ever since I had reinstalled windows 10 on my computer several months ago, the Microsoft store has not been opening and any app that runs through it won't work. On apps I've tried to install elsewhere not through the store I have always gotten the same error: 800700B7. I've...
  5. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional: Ever since I had reinstalled windows 10 on my computer several months ago, the Microsoft store has not been opening and any app that runs through it won't work. On apps I've tried to install elsewhere not through the store I have always gotten the same error: 800700B7. I've...
  6. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Store and all apps won't open

Windows Store and all apps won't open: Hi,All Windows apps won't open / Windows Store won't open / Pictures, calculator, comment center, etc. cannot be opened.If I click Windows Store, a blank box opens and then closes.If I try to click an image or open something, error box, the application cannot start.Can...
  8. Windows Store and store apps won't open after update

Windows Store and store apps won't open after update: Yesterday I noticed Windows updates were failing so I set out to get updated to the latest version. That eventually led me to updating via the MediaCreationTool provided my Microsoft. Since updating I have not been able to open MS Store or any MS Store app. The app will...
  9. Microsoft Store and Apps won't open

Microsoft Store and Apps won't open: So for the past two weeks I've been trying every solution i could find with no luck including resetting windows 10 and all of my apps and programs. I just don't know what to do at this point, all help is needed and appreciated....
  10. Microsoft Store and most apps from or related to Microsoft won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Store and most apps from or related to Microsoft won't open: This has been happening since last night. I was messing with the permissions and ownerships of the WindowsApps folder in Program Files so I could have better access to it, and I suddenly wasn't able to open several apps, such as the Microsoft Store, Minecraft, Slack, Get...