Windows 10: Windows Store and store apps won't open after update

Discus and support Windows Store and store apps won't open after update in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Yesterday I noticed Windows updates were failing so I set out to get updated to the latest version. That eventually led me to updating via the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by cameronblanksme, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows Store and store apps won't open after update

Yesterday I noticed Windows updates were failing so I set out to get updated to the latest version. That eventually led me to updating via the MediaCreationTool provided my Microsoft. Since updating I have not been able to open MS Store or any MS Store app. The app will occasionally flash up for a few seconds and then crash, other times it won't respond at all.

I don't know what version I was at before the update but now I am at Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.421.

I've seen this issue several times before because these issues are unacceptably common with WS apps and I've tried a ton of things to resolve it:

-Tried all the steps recommended here WSReset, Powershell commands to reset WS apps, resetting WS in settings, etc.

-Tried adding and logging in with a local admin account

-Tried adding and logging in with a different admin Microsoft account

-Ran SFC and DISM and rebooted

-Restoring to a System Restore point before the issue occurred

-Removing my device association to my Microsoft account and store in my Microsoft account settings

And I'm sure I'm missing some others.

When doing WSReset I get the following error after it hangs for a bit:

Windows Store and store apps won't open after update 73c8a264-6cfd-4426-a096-d58097a47a8a?upload=true.png

Pretty ridiculous for all of this to happen just because of an update. Can anyone help me fix this?

:)

cameronblanksme, Aug 5, 2020

2. Solitaire in Windows Store won't open.

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are experiencing this issue and getting this error "Windows Store Cache may be damaged". To address your concern, we suggest that you clear
    the Store Cache by following the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

After clearing the Store Cache, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using this

link

Kindly update us after performing the steps above.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Store app won't open (Lumia 520)

Hi,

Windows Store is an app store and online music store for Microsoft. Based on your issue, there are several causes why Windows Store won't open.

For us to isolate, we'd like to know more by answering the following:

• Which version of Windows are you using?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Lex Del, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows Store and store apps won't open after update

Microsoft 10 App Store won't open

Hi Mary,

To provide other troubleshooting steps, we'd like to ask what steps have you tried to resolve the issue with your Windows Store app?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store and store apps won't open after update

1. Windows Store and store apps won't open after update - Similar Threads - Store store apps

2. Windows app store won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  3. Windows app store won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  4. Microsoft Store won't open after updating itself

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't open after updating itself: After doing a clean installation of Windows 10, I started doing all the necessary driver and system updates from Windows Update. After that, I opened Microsoft Store and started downloading and updating apps from it as well. The problem is that once it started updating...
  5. Microsoft Store won't open after updating itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't open after updating itself: After doing a clean installation of Windows 10, I started doing all the necessary driver and system updates from Windows Update. After that, I opened Microsoft Store and started downloading and updating apps from it as well. The problem is that once it started updating...
  6. Windows Store and all apps won't open

Windows Store and all apps won't open: Hi,All Windows apps won't open / Windows Store won't open / Pictures, calculator, comment center, etc. cannot be opened.If I click Windows Store, a blank box opens and then closes.If I try to click an image or open something, error box, the application cannot start.Can...
  7. Microsoft Store and Apps won't open

Microsoft Store and Apps won't open: So for the past two weeks I've been trying every solution i could find with no luck including resetting windows 10 and all of my apps and programs. I just don't know what to do at this point, all help is needed and appreciated....
  8. Microsoft Store and "Apps" won't open after 1909 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store and "Apps" won't open after 1909 update.: Hi, I updated to windows 1909 on my razer blade stealth and after the update, I cannot open the Microsoft Store or anything labeled as "App" like Mail or Camera. The app will very quickly open a window on the screen then go away. I checked the task manager but it seems that...
  9. Windows store and related apps won't open

Windows store and related apps won't open: Hello guys. I have a very annoying problem. All windows 10 apps, including Windows 10 won't start. When I try to open a JPEG file for instance, Photos says "Invalid value for registry". When I click on the tile on start screen, it becomes darker with a white bar under it...
  10. Windows Store won't open after update this morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store won't open after update this morning: Windows Store won't launch. I had it open, checked for updates (I have pro and it set to not install them automatically). It found an update for the actual store so I pressed to download. It went through it's thing and then closed the window automatically. I then tried to...