Windows 10: Windows store and Xbox app won't load

Discus and support Windows store and Xbox app won't load in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I load either of them, they sit on their start up screen with the circles just going round is... well a circle. Any idea why they won't load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Comic_Newbie, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows store and Xbox app won't load

Whenever I load either of them, they sit on their start up screen with the circles just going round is... well a circle.

Any idea why they won't load for me?

submitted by /u/Comic_Newbie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Comic_Newbie, May 3, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows store and Xbox app won't load

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows store and Xbox app won't load

1. Windows store and Xbox app won't load - Similar Threads - store Xbox app

2. Windows Store won't load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store won't load.: Windows 10 22H2. All updates applied. I have done the following without success:1. Ran sfc/scannow as administrator2. Ran WSReset as administrator3. Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87...
  3. Windows Store won't load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store won't load.: Windows 10 22H2. All updates applied. I have done the following without success:1. Ran sfc/scannow as administrator2. Ran WSReset as administrator3. Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87...
  4. Windows Store won't load.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Downloads in Microsoft Store and XBOX app won't start

Downloads in Microsoft Store and XBOX app won't start: Hey there community!I have a problem with downloading software directly from microsoft via MS Store or the game pass app. When I click on the download-button, the download seems to start, but freezes. After hours letting it run in the background, it sometimes starts...
  6. Downloads in Microsoft Store and XBOX app won't start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloads in Microsoft Store and XBOX app won't start: Hey there community!I have a problem with downloading software directly from microsoft via MS Store or the game pass app. When I click on the download-button, the download seems to start, but freezes. After hours letting it run in the background, it sometimes starts...
  7. XBOX APP NOT LOADING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX APP NOT LOADING: I've seen this question asked in the past but no solution has helped me. I purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, Everything works fine, except for the Xbox app. When I try opening the app, the window stays open for a few seconds before closing. The Xbox app used to...
  8. XBOX APP NOT LOADING

XBOX APP NOT LOADING: I've seen this question asked in the past but no solution has helped me. I purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, Everything works fine, except for the Xbox app. When I try opening the app, the window stays open for a few seconds before closing. The Xbox app used to...
  9. Microsoft store won't open, Xbox app broken

Microsoft store won't open, Xbox app broken: This has been an issue for me for over a year now. Last time someone told me to format and reinstall windows, which is moronic. Is there any way to fix this? I've done all of the previously suggested solutions, including uninstalling/reinstalling the store from within and...
  10. Xbox app for PC and microsoft store will not load fully.

Xbox app for PC and microsoft store will not load fully.: so I can open the apps and log in correctly, but I cant see any images on the page or they all have the frowny face instead of the image. and when i click on anything its hit or miss if the app will crash or go to the page and still be unable to load. I have tried all the...