Windows 10: Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall.

Discus and support Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open the Windows Store app, it immediately closes. Event Viewer says this: "Activation of the app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by You, Aug 9, 2015.

1. YOU
    You Win User

Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall.

When I open the Windows Store app, it immediately closes. Event Viewer says this: "Activation of the app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: Error from application of unknown origin." The Store in the All Apps screen displays an icon, but if I pin it to the Start menu, it has no icon. I tried to use the PowerShell to remove it, but I get an error:

Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall. [​IMG]

System File Checker did not detect any corrupt files relating to Windows Store. It did detect my graphics drivers as corrupt, which is a false flag. Can anyone help?

:)

2. Marketplace Update problems, error code: 8103010d

After applying the latest updates for my Lumia 920, my busted app was fixed by installing it again from the Windows Store as well (no need to uninstall the broken one).

Ken Revels, Aug 9, 2015
  3. knknknkn Win User
    The New Windows 10 Skype Video App with error code 0x80070005

Having the same problem with my Skype video app and the [Skype] Messaging app refuses to send any messages to any of my contacts. These apps are broken. I have no antivirus, just the integrated Windows Defender.

knknknkn, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall.

1. Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall. - Similar Threads - Store app broken

2. App refusing to uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App refusing to uninstall: [ATTACH] Hey guys. I am trying to uninstall a VPN so that I can upgrade to a newer version of it so that I can connect to a client's system. Was told to wipe it and then just install the new version. Unfortunately I have tried almost everything I can think of to get rid of...
  3. Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games: I got Xbox Game Pass the other day and played Forza just fine for a few hours while I had Sea of Thieves download. Yesterday I played Forza and didn't realize that the game that I had started downloading when I started playing, Outer Worlds, had failed to download until the...
  4. Microsoft store apps broken

Microsoft store apps broken: so i've been having a problem with the microsoft store where multiple microsoft apps won't update or install, i've got the error code 0x80070057. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-broken/2d422ac1-9465-4dc8-b6d1-d027aa09f357
  5. Microsoft Store refuses to install app

Microsoft Store refuses to install app: This may be related to things I did to try and clean up previous failed installations, but now the Microsoft Store won't attempt to install an app I own. Whenever I click the install button, I get a prompt to choose a drive to install to, I select the drive C: in this case...
  6. Windows store and apps totally broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store and apps totally broken: Hi all, I'm writing because i've a problem with windows store and all the windows apps. One day all my windows apps stopped working, crashing on launch, so I tried to restore them from the "app properties" page, and they started working again for a while, but after 1 2 days...
  7. Microsoft Store uninstalled and broken

Microsoft Store uninstalled and broken: microsoft store uninstalled some while ago and now it seems impossible to install again, there isn't anything in the settings and there is no install link on the microsoft website, need to install this to get your phone working...
  8. Program refuses to be uninstalled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program refuses to be uninstalled: Bitdefender (an anti-virus program) is giving me trouble. After running for a week it gave trouble (refused to accept my sign-in details and even a new attempt to register under new details). It refuses to run and it keeps in asking me to re-install it, which I do but I get...
  9. Store app broken

Store app broken: The latest Updates, KB3074679 & KB3074686, seem to have broken the Store app, opens only to the initial screen with the swirling dots then immediately closes after about half the dots being visible. Can't update the Store if it doesn't open. Link to report to Microsoft also...
  10. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing: So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became unclickable. I searched the web for a solution and found a PowerShell solution. It worked, but it only fixed the problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Activation of the app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: Error from application of unknown origin.