Windows 10: Windows store app download fails and loops

Discus and support Windows store app download fails and loops in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, successfully played Horizon 4 since it came out, a week or two ago it got stuck saying it was updating and would be ready in a few minutes. this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by EpicOtter, Apr 20, 2019.

1. EpicOtter Win User

Windows store app download fails and loops

Hi,

successfully played Horizon 4 since it came out, a week or two ago it got stuck saying it was updating and would be ready in a few minutes. this never went away. after resetting app etc, went ahead and fully uninstalled it. went to reinstall, app store allocated the 70 ish gigs on C drive, and download won't go past 4.34mb. gets to that, fails (or thinks it is completed? no error message) and a few minutes later it starts DL again. cannot get it to stop this download loop or fully download game, or unallocate the HD space. pressing X button in store download page to cancel install doesn't stop it from trying again a few minutes later

I have ran windows store troubleshooter, and in CMD ran wsreset, ran SFC, , and had it recreate SoftwareDistribution folder in C:\windows.

Those seemed to be the main online ideas for people with similar-ish problems.

any ideas?

:)

EpicOtter, Apr 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face an issue with a particular\ all apps?

As you have issue with the store downloading apps, try to run these inbuilt troubleshooters.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

and

Follow the same steps to use the Windows update troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

can't download app from store, Windows 10

Hi,

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest to clear the Windows Store cache and try again. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key+Q
    • type wsreset.exe on the search bar
    • Hit enter key
    This should clear the Windows Store cache after restarting your system.

An alternative fix is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out this
    article
    and download the troubleshooter. Once downloaded, run the program and follow the steps to proceed with the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows store app download fails and loops - Similar Threads - store app download

2. Why is Microsoft Store failing to download apps on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Store failing to download apps on Windows 11?: I've been trying to download the desktop version of What'sApp on my Windows 11 Lenovo Yoga 9i, and even after Repairing and Restarting the Microsoft Store App it continues to notify that it has failed to download the app. It says to wait, and so I have, but the problem...
  3. Why is Microsoft Store failing to download apps on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft Store failing to download apps on Windows 11?: I've been trying to download the desktop version of What'sApp on my Windows 11 Lenovo Yoga 9i, and even after Repairing and Restarting the Microsoft Store App it continues to notify that it has failed to download the app. It says to wait, and so I have, but the problem...
  4. Widnows store downloading apps FAIL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widnows store downloading apps FAIL: I have been trying to install the xbox app via windows store but keep getting the same error. ERROR MESSAGE I RECIVE Something unexpected happend Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may...
  5. Widnows store downloading apps FAIL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widnows store downloading apps FAIL: I have been trying to install the xbox app via windows store but keep getting the same error. ERROR MESSAGE I RECIVE Something unexpected happend Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may...
  6. Widnows store downloading apps FAIL

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Windows Store Failed Download

Windows Store Failed Download: Hi, I recently tried to download Sea of Thieves off of the microsoft store. I was 44GB or so through the 49GB download when i paused it and it completely reset to 0GB. Even though the install failed and reset, it still took up storage on my device. I am now unable to download...
  8. Microsoft store is in an download loop!

Microsoft store is in an download loop!: Microsoft your store is broken. It keeps on trying to download the update for the Halo: The Master Chief Collection, even though I canceled it. I keep on cancel it and try to find it to uninstall and/or delete its files. But It is stuck in a loop. I even restart my PC, I even...
  9. Window Store app failing

Window Store app failing: Hi, After working with Microsoft support for 2 weeks and many support sessions, they have suggested that my problem should be resolved with upcoming weekly Windows updates. My issue is regarding (1) Windows Store app itself and (2) Store apps failing updates. (1) Windows...
  10. Not downloading apps in Windows Store

Not downloading apps in Windows Store: I wanted to get the adblock extension on Edge through the MS store but this appeared (see the picture below). And yes I tried logged in with a microsoft account too and the same thing appears. Honestly I don't know what to do. I tried clearing the cache and reseting the store...