Windows 10: Windows store app download issue

Discus and support Windows store app download issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a laptop with a 128GB SSD. I started to download apps off the store right away. I saw Disney infinity 3.0 which looked awesome and hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hamzasultan365, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Windows store app download issue

I just got a laptop with a 128GB SSD. I started to download apps off the store right away. I saw Disney infinity 3.0 which looked awesome and hit download, I left my laptop to download everything and when I came back I saw that Disney Infinity was 14 GB and almost 6 GB was downloaded. I needed my space back so I immediately canceled the download. But after I clicked on download just to see if it completely went away, it continued where it was cancelled. I want it and it's half downloaded data to go away as I think its filling up my drive. Do half downloaded apps take up space? How can I fully remove it. I have continued the download in the hope that if I complete it then Uninstall it, it will go away completely.

:)

Hamzasultan365, Aug 4, 2016

2. Windows store downloads very slow and inefficient! Showing wrong app size too!

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Windows Store to download the games on your device. We will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort in trying to resolve the issue.

I would like to inform that purchasing from Windows Store is made more secure.

When you try to download the apps from Windows Store, it will have to pass through different security levels in order to secure the user information and hence you might face slow performance of Windows Store while downloading the apps.

With respect to vary in the apps size while downloading, as a workaround I suggest you to download different app from Windows Store and check if the app size varies.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 4, 2016
  3. TyCobbs Win User
    Fix and/or Reinstall Windows Store

I recently completed a system restore from the restore partition, but the Windows Store is no where to be found. I went to the web based Windows Store to download apps, but nothing downloads upon clicking the "Get the app" link. Upon researching, the
    only recommendation that I could locate was reinstall Windows 10, which is how this problem arose. The issue seems to be limited to the Windows Store, as I have downloaded programs from other sources without issue, including reinstalling Microsoft Office.
    Is there a way to fix the Windows Store app or to correct my computers inability to download from the web based store?

TyCobbs, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Daz1967 Win User

Windows store app download issue

Cancelling the download from the Store (clicking on x) should result in the space being freed. If not, then try running Disk Clean-up. There are two options, the standard cleanup and another that cleans system files. You might have to do the latter. Just check the option you want and then click on OK (be careful though not to delete anything you want to keep!).

Daz1967, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Daz1967 as I said, I cancelled the download but then re clicked it only to find it continuing from the point that I crossed it off, if you say that only happened because I did it right after cancelling, I tried this method and shut down my laptop to see if it only continued because Windows remembered my download but it still continued from 6 GB, I also tried the cleanup method but no luck.

Hamzasultan365, Aug 5, 2016
  6. Finishing the download then uninstalling it did it but I think a way to cancel a future download and not having raw data left over would be nice.

Hamzasultan365, Aug 5, 2016
  7. Pommes Win User
    i canceled a 70 gb download, now i have 56 gb free space and i can not resume the download just to get rid of it via uninstall...my c drive shows used 82 gb, when selecting all files the properties show 17 gb, so i lost 65gb of my expensive ssd. Thank You Microsoft!

Pommes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows store app download issue

1. Windows store app download issue - Similar Threads - store app download

2. Windows Store Not Downloading Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Not Downloading Apps: I am not winning.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-downloading-apps/cd2a2f63-f1a7-4615-a2f1-4e09657ac499
  3. Windows Store Not Downloading Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Not Downloading Apps: I am not winning.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-downloading-apps/cd2a2f63-f1a7-4615-a2f1-4e09657ac499
  4. Windows Store Not Downloading Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Windows Store Game Downloading issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Game Downloading issues: Hey everyone, I apologize if this is a dumb question. I am the opposite of a gamer, but I just bought a gaming PC for the sole purpose of flight simulator, set it up yesterday, bought the game... and can't download it. The DL icon is there. It asks which device i want to DL...
  6. Windows store, large download issues

Windows store, large download issues: So this is more informing microsoft rather than seeking help. Recently I got my son that xbox game pass thing. Once i realized i too could get games on my PC using it I went to download games. The following issue does not just affect a single game, troubleshooting does not...
  7. Issues downloading apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues downloading apps from Microsoft Store: Does anyone know how to change the location in the C drive my programs are being downloaded to? Right now it is downloading everything to my One Drive which isn't ideal....
  8. Issues with Microsoft Store when downloading any app / updating the store

Issues with Microsoft Store when downloading any app / updating the store: hi, just wondering if anyone could help, having issues with the Microsoft Store, when trying to download any apps from the store (including trying to update the store im getting a error code Code: 0x80073CFE, these start to download but then fails right away. ive already...
  9. Windows store will not download apps

Windows store will not download apps: Hi im having tons of trouble with windows after installing a new motherboard. Windows would not activate with my old key at all, so I bought a new one spent an hour last night on the phone with MS trying to activate my new product key and finally did. Problem today is I cant...
  10. Not downloading apps in Windows Store

Not downloading apps in Windows Store: I wanted to get the adblock extension on Edge through the MS store but this appeared (see the picture below). And yes I tried logged in with a microsoft account too and the same thing appears. Honestly I don't know what to do. I tried clearing the cache and reseting the store...