Windows 10: Windows Store App Icon

Discus and support Windows Store App Icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, How can I revert the icon images to the original icons? Apparently all app icons downloaded thru Windows Store are somehow replaced to stock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gnulab, Feb 8, 2021.

1. gnulab Win User

Windows Store App Icon

Hi,

How can I revert the icon images to the original icons?

Apparently all app icons downloaded thru Windows Store are somehow replaced to stock images icons.

At first I try to ignore it since it's aesthetics flaw, but it gnaws me slowly day by day. And this screw up propagates throughout to newly installed systems. As long as I login to Windows Store, the icon will be of the screw up version.

Windows Store App Icon [​IMG]

Thank you
    Henry

:)

gnulab, Feb 8, 2021

2. store and photos app isnt showing proper icons

Hello Aditya,

As you are facing issues with accessing Photos app on your device with icons not displayed properly, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any update for Photos app from Windows Store. If found, try to update the app and check if it helps.

Open Windows Store, search for Photos app, check if you are able to find Update option.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Windows Store App Icon

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Store App Icon

1. Windows Store App Icon - Similar Threads - Store App Icon

2. Windows 10 Store App Icons changing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store App Icons changing: I tried all the methods, and even I deleted my Windows profile and created a new one. With the new account profile the icons were right again, but only last one week. Then the icons started changing again. This is a bug. Please Microsoft, fix this annoying bug. I'm aware that...
  3. Changing the icons of an app such as file explorer & windows store apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the icons of an app such as file explorer & windows store apps: I was wondering if it is possible at all to change the icons of certain apps that do not have explicit shortcuts inside the file explorer such as windows apps. Any help is appreciated and thank you in advanced! submitted by /u/brycesha [link] [comments]...
  4. Issue with store apps icons!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with store apps icons!: Hi guys I have problem with store apps icons which is the icons are shown in start menu but when I search'em in searching and indexing part the icons are not shown properly I mean they are like this: [ATTACH] And this looks good in start menu: [ATTACH] I have the same...
  5. Windows Store App Icon

Windows Store App Icon: Hi, How can I revert the icon images to the original icons? Apparently all app icons downloaded thru Windows Store are somehow replaced to stock images icons. At first I try to ignore it since it's aesthetics flaw, but it gnaws me slowly day by day. And this screw up...
  6. System apps and Windows Store apps have generic icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System apps and Windows Store apps have generic icon: All system apps and windows store apps have a generic icon. I tested this on a separate account and the problem is not there. How do I fix this? I've tried many things. Done a disk-cleanup multiple times, restarted explorer, deleted the icon file from my PC, but nothing...
  7. Microsoft Store Apps icons

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Apps icons: Hi, Hope someone can help shed some light on this. On my Windows 10 Pro machine, I have some apps accquired from the Microsoft store specifically iTunes and Forza Horizon 4. Everything was fine until last night when apparently for no reason the icons for those apps are now...
  8. No taskbar icons for Windows Store Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    No taskbar icons for Windows Store Apps: Hi, Recently and suddenly my icons in the taskbar for my store apps disappear , so any idea ho to get them back. Everything was fine 1,2 days ago. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Changing Windows Store Apps icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows Store Apps icons: Hey folks, anybody knows, if it is currently possible to change the icons of the Apps from the Windows Store in the Windows Start Menu? Not talking about the ordinary shortcuts in the Start menu folders.. Maybe some tool like ResHacker exists? Thanks in advance....
  10. Missing Store Apps Icons

Missing Store Apps Icons: Hi, when I search for store apps like calculator, store, settings the icons don't show up. [img] [img] However when I have them pinned their icons show up. 96187