Windows 10: Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Discus and support Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by charliehseymour, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the store downloads page and spotify says "needs repairs".

So far i've tried:

- Repairing Spotify using the settings app

- Resetting Spotify using the settings app

- Uninstalling and reinstalling spotify with the settings app

- Deleting the spotify directory in /AppData/Roaming

- Doing all of these steps and then restarting

- Installing spotify off the website (which doesnt work because now windows store decides that its version is better)

I love using spotify and i desperately need a fix. Its getting really annoying. Any ideas?

:)

charliehseymour, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open" :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Cannot download Spotify

Hi Bill,

Since you cannot download an app from the Microsoft Store, it means that the cache in this store was already overloaded. Clearing the cache is needed periodically to clean all the temporary data stored on your computer.

Here's what you can do:

• Perform the WSReset command to clear the store app’s cache and reset it to a clean state
      (This also applies to built-in apps of Windows 10). To do so, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows + R to open the
    Run window.

2. Type in WSReset.exe, then click
    OK.

3. Wait for the command to finish.

• Make sure that you disable all your anti-viruses and firewall temporarily. Have your
      Microsoft account log in to authorize your computer to accept apps from our store. It includes removing and reinstalling the app.
      Then, enable Windows Defender only later on.

Once done with the troubleshooting steps above, you can start downloading
    Spotify again from the Microsoft Store here: Spotify Music.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Johann Eva, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

1. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open" - Similar Threads - Store App Spotify

2. Can't Open Files With Apps Downloaded From Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Files With Apps Downloaded From Store: Hello Internet, Ok so let me give you a rundown of the situation. I have a windows 10 and a while ago I had installed VLC media. I set a setting and most of my audio files open with VLC. I uninstalled VLC because I didn't need it. Groove Music is fine. But now when trying...
  3. SPOTIFY app from Windows store freezes Windows 10 when opening or closing

SPOTIFY app from Windows store freezes Windows 10 when opening or closing: The Spotify app from Windows store freezes the cursor in Windows 10. I have tried to fix it, reset it, uninstall and reinstall and every thing Spotify support gave me and still it happens 95% of the time. Any Answers?...
  4. Spotify fails to open

Spotify fails to open: Hello there, After the newest update (1803) I have a problem opening Spotify. This is the error message I get: [img] I checked the folder and my user does have full control over the entire folder but the program fails to open. Other programs from the Microsoft Store work...
  5. Windows Store apps doesn't open and can't be installed !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Store apps doesn't open and can't be installed !!!: In the windows start, some store apps are faded. [ATTACH] When I try to open the apps, it says, "This app can't open". [ATTACH] Then if I go to the windows store and try to install the app, it gives error code: 0x80244018. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I've tried many...
  6. Can't open any windows store apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open any windows store apps: Hello, I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4 for Defender and though I've searched online on how to fix the problem none of them seem to work. Also, my computer won't let me access the update & security portion of my settings....
  7. "This app can't open" for Windows apps

"This app can't open" for Windows apps: Not sure when this started, as I don't use Windows Apps very often, but currently I cannot access Windows Store or Windows apps except, apparently Edge and Calendar. On my start menu, other apps' tiles and the Store tile are greyed out with an exclamation point: [img]...
  8. app store not opening

app store not opening: I have recently installed and have two profiles on laptop. One for my daughter and one for me, both login using Microsoft account. My daughter can open app store, but when I switch to my profile it wont open at all. Any ideas? 20638
  9. Windows App Store Not Opening

Windows App Store Not Opening: For the last few days, I have been unable to get the Windows App Store, or any apps downloaded from the windows app store, to be able to open. It opens the initial window and then just closes and nothing occurs. This also occurs with the xbox app. Is anyone else experiencing...
  10. Can't Open App Store or Windows/Start Button on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Open App Store or Windows/Start Button on Windows 10: Hey, all! So, I just updated to Windows 10 today, and I'm having some problems. 1) I click on the Windows/Start button on my desktop... and nothing happens. What's up with this and how can I fix it? 2) I can't open the App Store. It will not open from the button on the...