Windows 10: Windows Store App will not let me add a new account.

Discus and support Windows Store App will not let me add a new account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It says that the user ID or Password is invalid but when I use the same user ID and Password on the Microsoft webcite, it signs me in. Please help. 64456 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Awook, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Awook Win User

Windows Store App will not let me add a new account.

It says that the user ID or Password is invalid but when I use the same user ID and Password on the Microsoft webcite, it signs me in. Please help.

:)

Awook, Sep 21, 2016

2. Laptop will not let me add a pin.

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern, please provide the following information:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were you able to add a pin password before on your account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps and see if it helps:

Step 1: Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program. Click this
    link for the steps.

Step 2: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform the SFC Scan, you may refer to this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Laptop will not let me add a pin.

the issue started ever since I got this laptop

ive always been on an account

and I have not taken any troubleshooting steps

shocktrigger7, Sep 21, 2016
  4. Windows Store App will not let me add a new account.

That's odd. I can logon to my laptop with either my local account, or my Microsoft account, and when I click on the Store, it doesn't ask for a username/password. I would try resetting your Microsoft password; that should fix the problem.

rstrub1955, Sep 21, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store App will not let me add a new account.

1. Windows Store App will not let me add a new account. - Similar Threads - Store App let

2. Why it doesn't let me to add account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why it doesn't let me to add account?: When I click on "add account" a small box appears called "Microsoft account" but after a few second it will be gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-doesnt-let-me-to-add-account/1ab3d63a-7f6b-4f27-801c-48489409497d
  3. Why it doesn't let me to add account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why it doesn't let me to add account?: When I click on "add account" a small box appears called "Microsoft account" but after a few second it will be gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-doesnt-let-me-to-add-account/1ab3d63a-7f6b-4f27-801c-48489409497d
  4. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account: I have recently reset my computer do to performance issues, and while signing in I used my Microsoft account which had 0 games and apps bought. I went to sign out of the Microsoft Store and sign in with a different Microsoft account, but it wouldn't let me. I would click sign...
  5. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account: I have recently reset my computer do to performance issues, and while signing in I used my Microsoft account which had 0 games and apps bought. I went to sign out of the Microsoft Store and sign in with a different Microsoft account, but it wouldn't let me. I would click sign...
  6. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

7. Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts: Hi I recently bought a new Asus laptop with Ryzen 5000 series, everything is ok until I want to configure the Mail app, can't add any outlook email accounts, neither google accounts, it is really frustating because I love this app and Outlook doesn't fit to me. I used this...
  8. Windows Mail App Not Letting Me Add an Outlook Account

Windows Mail App Not Letting Me Add an Outlook Account: My university recently switched from using Gsuite email accounts to using Outlook accounts. My university email stopped receiving messages in the mail app because of this switch, so, I am trying to re-add my university account as an Outlook account. I opened the add an...
  9. Mail app wont let me add google account

Mail app wont let me add google account: Hi, I am trying to add my google account in the mail app however when I choose to add a google account a window stating creating account is shown before closing abruptly. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 won't let me Add a new account User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't let me Add a new account User: I am facing this problem... "All Heil Windows 10!!!" I log on at my administrator account, to add a new one (because my previous account went corrupted in 10 days) and move on, erasing my past one. At All Settings -> Accounts -> Other Users, When i click on the Add someone...