Windows 10: Windows Store app won't open either from explorer or as a desktop shortcut

Discus and support Windows Store app won't open either from explorer or as a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed an app via the Microsoft Store.I have made my specific Windows Store app visible in the C:/Program Files/WindowsApps folder.If I double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by it's ok thnx, May 18, 2024.

1. Windows Store app won't open either from explorer or as a desktop shortcut

I installed an app via the Microsoft Store.I have made my specific Windows Store app visible in the C:/Program Files/WindowsApps folder.If I double click on it I do not get a permission error; but the app will not start up. I read somewhere that I need to take ownership of the .exe, but I could incur a Microsoft Store crash and potential re-install if I mess it up.Is this correct? And what is the best way to be able to start this Windows Store app up?

:)

it's ok thnx, May 18, 2024

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 18, 2024
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 18, 2024
  4. Windows Store app won't open either from explorer or as a desktop shortcut

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 18, 2024
Thema:

Windows Store app won't open either from explorer or as a desktop shortcut

1. Windows Store app won't open either from explorer or as a desktop shortcut - Similar Threads - Store app won't

2. Windows Store app won't open either from explorer or as a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store app won't open either from explorer or as a desktop shortcut: I installed an app via the Microsoft Store.I have made my specific Windows Store app visible in the C:/Program Files/WindowsApps folder.If I double click on it I do not get a permission error; but the app will not start up. I read somewhere that I need to take ownership of...
  3. Windows app store won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  4. Windows app store won't open

Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  5. Windows Store and all apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store and all apps won't open: Hi,All Windows apps won't open / Windows Store won't open / Pictures, calculator, comment center, etc. cannot be opened.If I click Windows Store, a blank box opens and then closes.If I try to click an image or open something, error box, the application cannot start.Can...
  6. Have OneDrive app open from shortcut without opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have OneDrive app open from shortcut without opening File Explorer: So... I have 3 OneDrive accounts linked to this computer:OneDrive - PersonalOneDrive - Department of Education and TrainingOneDrive - ridgewaywebI have set OneDrive to not open on startup, same as every app on Windows. However, when I need OneDrive, I will open it from my...
  7. Can’t open word from desktop or App Store

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t open word from desktop or App Store: i cant open word from my desktop or the App store! The icon loads but when i touch it to open it it just reloads. Ive tried to open it from the App store but cant do anything at all from there! Under the W app symbol on my desktop is a cloud with downward pointing arrow. I...
  8. Apps I download from the store won't open.

Apps I download from the store won't open.: This has occurred with three different apps I've installed from the Microsoft Store. Only one app I've installed is working properly. I tried to install iTunes, LastPass for Windows Desktop, and Telegram Desktop and they all produce the same message when I start them:...
  9. Downloading Apps from either the Apple App store or from Google App store...

Downloading Apps from either the Apple App store or from Google App store...: Hello again! Hoping I word this properly and do not create any confusion! I am wanting to download the wish.com app - per their website it can be downloaded from the apple app store or from Google play....of course it's not offered on the Windows Store (any idea as to...
  10. Windows store and related apps won't open

Windows store and related apps won't open: Hello guys. I have a very annoying problem. All windows 10 apps, including Windows 10 won't start. When I try to open a JPEG file for instance, Photos says "Invalid value for registry". When I click on the tile on start screen, it becomes darker with a white bar under it...