Windows 10: Windows Store App / Xbox Game Pass - Storing Un necessary files in MSIXVC Folder

Discus and support Windows Store App / Xbox Game Pass - Storing Un necessary files in MSIXVC Folder in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello I'd like to report that Microsoft store, has a folder named: MSIXCV in it, for each Drive you have on your computer. I believe this folder is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rdalcoft, May 15, 2020.

1. rdalcoft Win User

Windows Store App / Xbox Game Pass - Storing Un necessary files in MSIXVC Folder

Hello

I'd like to report that Microsoft store, has a folder named: MSIXCV in it, for each Drive you have on your computer.

I believe this folder is for installation of apps, and its updates. Normally what should happen is once your program or game had been installed or updated, the installation files, which are stored in this MCIXVC folder, should be then deleted.

But it turns out this is not the case.

I have 4 SSD drives on my computer, with games and apps installed on each one of these drives.

Each drive has Approx. 165gb up to 195gb of files stored on them. Unnecessary files which should have been deleted. I couldn't understand why i was running out of space so fast!!! that's like a total of 700gb or there abouts!!

Now i am not 100% sure its safe to completely remove these files.. So to be safe i have moved all these folders to one of my Mechanical hard drives, not so worried about loosing the space on these. i then made a junction link or symbolic link placing it back in to the windows app folder, so it can still use these files, but now when it decides to double my games by not removing the install files, they will be on my mechanical drive.

At Microsoft you really need to fix this, cause there are lots of people who don't even realise that half of there space has gone missing because of poor house keeping of the windows store App....

And i think its really **** there are no direct links for contacting Microsoft tech support bar a virtual assistant!!!

:)

rdalcoft, May 15, 2020

2. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, May 15, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, May 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Store App / Xbox Game Pass - Storing Un necessary files in MSIXVC Folder

Microsoft Store Spring Sale: Games, Consoles, and Xbox Game Pass Deals Xbox

Source: Microsoft Store Spring Sale: Great Deals on Games, Consoles, and Xbox Game Pass - Xbox Wire

Brink, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Store App / Xbox Game Pass - Storing Un necessary files in MSIXVC Folder - Similar Threads - Store App Xbox

2. Xbox game pass - MSIXVC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game pass - MSIXVC: I've uninstalled Xbox game pass for windows and all the games I had installed. I've used treesize and I have three large files 102gb, 71gb and 55gb still showing up in MSIXVC. From the research I've done these are virtual/disk images and aren't actually taking any space on my...
  3. Xbox game pass - MSIXVC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game pass - MSIXVC: I've uninstalled Xbox game pass for windows and all the games I had installed. I've used treesize and I have three large files 102gb, 71gb and 55gb still showing up in MSIXVC. From the research I've done these are virtual/disk images and aren't actually taking any space on my...
  4. xbox game pass and windows store games not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass and windows store games not working: I have been trying to download Grounded, but It comes up with the error of "Grounded is rated above the restrictions set on this account. to install please ask an adult to sign in and download." But the age of the account is 18+, Also in my windows update settings and windows...
  5. xbox game pass and windows store games not working

xbox game pass and windows store games not working: I have been trying to download Grounded, but It comes up with the error of "Grounded is rated above the restrictions set on this account. to install please ask an adult to sign in and download." But the age of the account is 18+, Also in my windows update settings and windows...
  6. xbox game pass and windows store games not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Xbox game pass on store just not on app.

Xbox game pass on store just not on app.: I just bought the xbox game pass ultimate on pc for 1$, I can download and play them through the store, if I try to play them or do them through the app it asks me to join....
  8. Microsoft store and xbox game pass

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and xbox game pass: Both my xbox game pass and microsoft store wont download certain things for example i tried downloading minecraft dungeons on the xgp and it said pending and came up with an error and then i tried downloading it from the microsoft store and an error came up with "something...
  9. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta): So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta). Surely if I have paid...
  10. Microsoft Store issues with Xbox Game Pass

Microsoft Store issues with Xbox Game Pass: Hey all, I just bought the xbox game pass. I want to download some pc games but I am unable to see the Xbox Game Pass tab that is supposed to be on the left hand side of the screen. If anyone can help, that'd be great, thanks. Additional notes: I am unable to sign in with...