Windows 10: Windows Store appearing in search box but not working

Discus and support Windows Store appearing in search box but not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; A couple of weeks I wanted to use the windows store but I had an error that apps installation would result in an error y search for a solution here in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TomasB777, Mar 30, 2020.

1. TomasB777 Win User

Windows Store appearing in search box but not working

A couple of weeks I wanted to use the windows store but I had an error that apps installation would result in an error y search for a solution here in the community and I found that I should reset the windows store going to the app in the settings. I did so but now when I search for the Microsoft Store in the search box and click in it nothing happened, not even an error.

Also windows store dont appear under "apps" in configuration.

I have tried doing the following:

• admin Powershell Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} result in error.
    • wsreset does nothing.
    • windows store troubleshooting result in a error of windows cannot access the specified path.
    • admin PowerShell Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocationAppXManifest.xml”} also result in error.
    • DISM scan and restore does nothing.

-

:)

TomasB777, Mar 30, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 30, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Search box and App store

Hi Divya,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Do you get any error code?

Since this issue can be caused by software conflict or system file corrupted.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix search issue.

Method 1: Try to run search and indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps.

• Go to Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.

• In the search box, type
      troubleshooter
      , and then click Troubleshooting. Click
      , and then click Search and Indexing.
    Method 2:

I suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache as per the below mentioned steps and check:

• Press Windows key
      and R key together to open the Run Window.

• Type wsreset.exe
      and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Hope this information helps you. If you need any further assistance or information, please reply back to this post. I will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Store appearing in search box but not working - Similar Threads - Store appearing search

2. weird code appears in the search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird code appears in the search box: what is this weird code or message appears in the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-code-appears-in-the-search-box/1c538f5c-6c30-473c-8bf6-db061b5dc849
  3. weird code appears in the search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird code appears in the search box: what is this weird code or message appears in the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-code-appears-in-the-search-box/1c538f5c-6c30-473c-8bf6-db061b5dc849
  4. Abnormal appearance of the search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Abnormal appearance of the search box: Hello,Since a few days I have witnessed that the search box looks abnormal suddenly. The magnifying glass suddenly disappears and there is slight blue tinge that appears in the box. All of it returns to normal when I just hover the curser on the search box. Is there a...
  5. windows search box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box not working: can anyone help me fix windows search box not typing i run this command everytime when i boot my pc C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe but its getting annoying having to run it everytime i boot my pc...
  6. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: i cannot use the search box. when i click on it, the search box area turns into a black box for some time then goes away on its own. i tried searching for solutions on web, though they didn't work. please help i am using windows 10....
  7. Windows search box not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search box not working: the search bar has stopped working since the last Windows Update - it no longer lets you search anymore - when you click on it, it opens an annoying window with "frequent apps" I've never used and "what's happing now" ads, and "Recommended" ads for other Microsoft products -...
  8. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...
  9. Search box not working

in Cortana
    Search box not working: I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the restarting, killing and restarting cortana process in the task manager, using cmd commands. I failed with that fix: ( Get-AppXPackage...
  10. windows search box is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box is not working: my laptop is slowed down. microsoft edge is not opening. windows search box is also not working. any other application also not opening . what to do? settings also not working....