Windows 10: Windows Store Apps Acting Out Of Place.

Discus and support Windows Store Apps Acting Out Of Place. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some of the windows store apps including the windows store on my computer open for a few seconds then close themselves. I've attempted many things to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by akwasiokyere, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Windows Store Apps Acting Out Of Place.

Some of the windows store apps including the windows store on my computer open for a few seconds then close themselves. I've attempted many things to repair the issue. I thought it would be a good idea to tackle the windows store app to get it fixed and then redownload all other bugged apps.

I've tried the sfc /scannow command but it showed that the system couldn't find any integrity violations; I've tried the WSReset command but then it showed this message:

ms-windows-storeWindows Store Apps Acting Out Of Place. :purgeCaches

The app didn't start

-I've tried running all the windows store fix commands in Powershell and not a single one worked.

-I've tried creating and logging into a new account but the problem still remained.

-I tried to troubleshoot the problem of the windows store apps opening and closing in settings only for it to say that it couldn't fix the problem, knowing full well what was going on.

-I've tried tampering with the permissions, but most of the time it made it so that all the windows store apps couldn't open at all so I went back to the permissions it had before.

-I tried the rstrui command to go back to a previous back-up but still couldn't fix the problem.

-I looked at the date and time settings, checked for updates, and removed the local cache in the windows store folder.

After all these attempts, I thought the only thing that could fix the problem was to do a clean boot. I backed up all that was important onto a USB flash drive and reset the whole computer and waited for about 3 hours...

Now I just don't know anymore : all that to no avail. I'm at a loss for what else to try

Also I have observed that all the apps that cannot open are stuck at a size of 16.0 KB and whenever I try to completely scan the C:drive it says the the PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

:)

akwasiokyere, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Jun 7, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Store Apps Acting Out Of Place.

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store Apps Acting Out Of Place.

1. Windows Store Apps Acting Out Of Place. - Similar Threads - Store Apps Acting

2. Microsoft Store "Place order" button greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Store "Place order" button greyed out: I've been trying to place an order from the Microsoft store for a few weeks at this point, but every time I try and place the order, the button is greyed out. I have put in my credentials and my address, but it doesn't allow me to place it. The order button works on Xbox gift...
  3. Windows apps acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps acting strange: Latley Ive had in issue with windows apps acting strange This is only in windows apps, Start Menu, Settings, Xbox Ive linked a video to showcase the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXs2wztCGS71yZ4WsClB9_ciYVse01-l/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Windows UI screens are out of place

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows UI screens are out of place: Hey everyone! This morning I turned on my desktop windows computer and after the logo booting sequence I shifted my mouse forward whilst hold clicking. After this motion, my entire windows UI appears to have shifted downwards. Nothing is safe from this, from the log in...
  5. Everything is out of place

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is out of place: This one is odd. User is telling me that he left his laptop on to take a break and when he returned all the applications and icons on his laptop has been moved and rearranged. The application window was minimized and now maximized. Application that was on one screen now...
  6. Microsoft store apps acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store apps acting weird: [IMG] Recently all the microsoft store apps on my windows 10 PC have started "updating", and it says it will be available shortly. The microsoft store app works fine, I have run the troublshotter many times, and it says there is no problem. I've also reset the microsoft...
  7. Microsfot store acting strange

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsfot store acting strange: Greetings. Today I bought Xbox game pass ultimate to try it out for a month. However, when i use your Microsfot software on my windows 10 and when i search for a game it does not display anything. When I search for a specific game I cannot find any result regardless of what...
  8. Microsoft Store App is Bugging Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App is Bugging Out: I own a couple of Play Anywhere games Ark, Sea of Thieves, Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, but I've only downloaded Minecraft so far due to the small size. I recently tried to download Ark and all of the DLCs, but when it asks me which drive to install on and I select, it loads...
  9. Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store: I have lost access to the Windows app store weather and other functions. It seems these items are blacked out and offer me no access to the market. [img] Having noticed this and and having no luck finding resolution, I restored the PC to an earlier point. Still no...
  10. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out: Seems like the apps are stuck in "update" mode and they just pop up a few milliseconds and then close when clicked. [img] Have tried running this code in Powershell as admin (found it here): Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...