Windows 10: Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive

Discus and support Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There, when i have previously moved games like Forza, Halo:MCC and Sea of Thieves using the "move" tool to another drive on my computer, it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TerrorTowers, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive

Hi There,

when i have previously moved games like Forza, Halo:MCC and Sea of Thieves using the "move" tool to another drive on my computer, it seems to be creating duplicate data on the new drive, and NOT deleting the old location on C:\ when it is done. i have 176gb of games that appear in two places in my system now, on my main C:\ drive and on another G:\ drive as well where i moved them to

the copies that are left behind on C:\ cannot be seen in the Apps & Features screen, if i look for apps only installed on C:\ even though the data is there.

what is the solution to get rid of this junk data? when i try to access the WindowsApps folder it does not give me any permission to do so. i eventually cannot move anymore games as my C:\ drive runs out of space

Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive [​IMG]

the app entries shortcuts on the PC that are installed are all showing on the G:\ drive

Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive [​IMG]Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive [​IMG]

:)

TerrorTowers, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Games from App Store

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below for the Windows store downloads.

• Press Windows + E.

• Click on This PC at the top left corner.

• Click on C: Drive.

• Click on Program files.

• Click on Windows Apps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive

1. Windows Store Apps are duplicating when i move them to another drive - Similar Threads - Store Apps are

2. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  3. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  4. Move files from one drive to another not just duplicate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move files from one drive to another not just duplicate: Hello!I have it set up so my downloads folder and desktop folder are in different drives so when I download something and move it by dragging it to my desktop then it creates a replica of it to my desktop leaving the original one to the downloads folder. Yes, I am aware of...
  5. Move files from one drive to another not just duplicate

Move files from one drive to another not just duplicate: Hello!I have it set up so my downloads folder and desktop folder are in different drives so when I download something and move it by dragging it to my desktop then it creates a replica of it to my desktop leaving the original one to the downloads folder. Yes, I am aware of...
  6. I Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive or move them to the other drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive or move them to the other drive: I Have recently bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, it works wonders on my Xbox but when i try to install a game on my PC it wont show my other drive that has the space required to download but when i install it on the C: drive works flawlessly. I read a solution saying i...
  7. Can't move apps to another drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't move apps to another drive: Hi, I would just like to install Phantasy Star Online 2 on my pc but I'm having a weird error code. First of all I wanted it to go to my drive E where I have a lot of space left the option was there to download the app and is highlighted blue so it's clickable but when I do...
  8. Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated: My first post - I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post in, apologies if wrong! After cloning and fitting an SSD (960GB) to my pc, I wanted to free some space up so followed the tutorial from here to move the documents folder to an empty drive (it's 400+GB in...
  9. moving windows apps to another drive

moving windows apps to another drive: hi, I have moved an app from the windows drive to another drive to keep my windows drive free but when I checked the windows apps folder on the windows drive it now has the app listed as a shortcut folder but the app is still taking up space on the windows drive even though...
  10. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10: How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Store to another drive. The default location is This PC on the Windows C: drive in the...