Windows 10: Windows store apps crashing. Help?

Discus and support Windows store apps crashing. Help? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Everytime I open an app from the windows store it pops up and crashes straight away. I've tried trouble shooting, resetting apps and uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by cordii, Jul 30, 2020.

1. cordii Win User

Windows store apps crashing. Help?

Everytime I open an app from the windows store it pops up and crashes straight away. I've tried trouble shooting, resetting apps and uninstalling and then reinstalling them and nothing has worked. When I try to reinstall the apps it also comes up saying there was an error trying to install. My pc and all my apps are up to date and I have tried everything. Please help

:)

cordii, Jul 30, 2020

2. APP STORE CRASH

Hi Robert,

Thanks posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that Windows store crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell
      • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
      • Close the Powershell window
      • Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows store Apps crashing

Hi Justin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to use Store and it get crashes. So, the issue could be if there is some corruption with the store. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps with the issue.

The Modern app troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2: Re-register the Windows Store App.

If still the issue persist after trying the steps provided above then, we recommend running the
    following PowerShell script to re-register the new Store:

• In the Search box, type CMD
    • Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
    • In the command prompt, enter the following command:
    Enterpowershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Check the result displayed on the command prompt window.

• If it was successfully processed, then type “Exit” and press “Enter

Method 3: Run Sfc scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this will fix the issue. If not, let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows store apps crashing. Help? - Similar Threads - store apps crashing

2. Windows store app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store app crashing: Hello so whenever i open my roblox app its downloaded in microsoft store it keeps crashing does anyone know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-app-crashing/e0361e52-9792-439f-8610-0f109808eda0
  3. Windows store app crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store app crashing: Hello so whenever i open my roblox app its downloaded in microsoft store it keeps crashing does anyone know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-app-crashing/e0361e52-9792-439f-8610-0f109808eda0
  4. Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing: I'm running Windows 11. Things were working fine until one day about half a dozen or more Windows store apps refused to run properly. They start where you can see some portion of the window as it is starting up then they crash. I have searched the Internet about this and...
  5. Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing

Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing: I'm running Windows 11. Things were working fine until one day about half a dozen or more Windows store apps refused to run properly. They start where you can see some portion of the window as it is starting up then they crash. I have searched the Internet about this and...
  6. Windows store apps Crashing everytime

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store apps Crashing everytime: Hello!I've been having this problem for quite a while now, so basically apps like Photos, video and even the calculator wont open!with Photo app I get the message "The app didnt start" and with others like the calculator it wont even open.I tried some solutions like using...
  7. Windows store apps Crashing everytime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store apps Crashing everytime: Hello!I've been having this problem for quite a while now, so basically apps like Photos, video and even the calculator wont open!with Photo app I get the message "The app didnt start" and with others like the calculator it wont even open.I tried some solutions like using...
  8. Windows store apps Crashing everytime

9. Store app crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store app crashing: Hello there! Recently ive been having a problem with opening the windows store app. Each time I open it, the store crashes on instant. Thing I have tied -wsreset -Tried factory reset -windows 10 update assistant -re-register with command promt -net stop bits and so on...
  10. windows apps and store crash on opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows apps and store crash on opening: I move my windows apps to a diffrent folder then moved them back cause it didnt owrk and now no windows apps are working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-apps-and-store-crash-on-opening/9c34aab5-f218-4e6a-9518-ed9b23e308e7