Windows 10: Windows Store & Apps do not work in Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows Store & Apps do not work in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home 1703 and when inside of Safe Mode the Windows Store, and apps like Calculator, Edge, Mail, Maps, Messenging, Tips etc. will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klerg, Jan 11, 2019.

1. klerg Win User

Windows Store & Apps do not work in Safe Mode

I have Windows 10 Home 1703 and when inside of Safe Mode the Windows Store, and apps like Calculator, Edge, Mail, Maps, Messenging, Tips etc. will not load, instead it gives a pop-up window that says "This app can't open (app name) can't be opened using the built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again" See attached picture of actual error message. Any way to fix this?

Thanks

:)

klerg, Jan 11, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Store & Apps do not work in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Store Apps Safe

2. Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Mode not working: So I decided to uninstall my graphic driver today. That required me to boot into Safe Mode so that is what I've done. But my PC won't open when I restart into Safe Mode but it shutdown. I turned it on again, tried it a few more times but it still shut down by itself. Then I...
  3. Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe Mode not working: So I decided to uninstall my graphic driver today. That required me to boot into Safe Mode so that is what I've done. But my PC won't open when I restart into Safe Mode but it shutdown. I turned it on again, tried it a few more times but it still shut down by itself. Then I...
  4. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Safe Mode Not Working: Hello all,I recently had a friend help build a gaming PC for myself: Ryzen 9 5900 CPU and Radeon 6800xt GPU. Everything was working fine until last night when I was playing World of Warcraft. Windows encountered an error and had to restart but when it did I got the white...
  5. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

Windows Safe Mode Not Working: Hello all,I recently had a friend help build a gaming PC for myself: Ryzen 9 5900 CPU and Radeon 6800xt GPU. Everything was working fine until last night when I was playing World of Warcraft. Windows encountered an error and had to restart but when it did I got the white...
  6. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. An app will suddenly only work in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An app will suddenly only work in Safe Mode: I have an app installed that I use for my employer. It stopped working recently. It will work if I put Win10 in Safe Mode but will not work if Win10 boots normally. I believe it has something to do with getting server/internet access and it isn't for whatever reason. I've...
  8. App safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App safe mode: When launching an app windows asked if I wanted to launch in safe mode, I said yes, it broke the app. How to fix? Sorry for quick message I posted this already and it got taken down submitted by /u/Bossbam21 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Store & Apps do not work in Safe Mode

Windows Store & Apps do not work in Safe Mode: I have Windows 10 Home 1703 and when inside of Safe Mode the Windows Store, and apps like Calculator, Edge, Mail, Maps, Messenging, Tips etc. will not load, instead it gives a pop-up window that says "This app can't open (app name) can't be opened using the built-in...
  10. Safe mode, not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode, not working.: I am using w10 x64 version 1803.I do not know why, but I find I can not access safe mode anymore, at "msconfig", the "Boot" options tab does not work, "Shift" during shutdown, there is no option to "safe mode". The code in cmd also does not work, it informs not find the...