Windows 10: Windows Store Apps Hang/Freeze and Won't Uninstall

Discus and support Windows Store Apps Hang/Freeze and Won't Uninstall in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; hi Have been having some major issues with windows apps. Most will not open, and if they do they hang immediately. I have tried to uninstall... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RalphTitmuss, May 16, 2020.

1. Windows Store Apps Hang/Freeze and Won't Uninstall

hi

Have been having some major issues with windows apps.

Most will not open, and if they do they hang immediately.

I have tried to uninstall these apps through the settings page but if i click on them instead of seeing the advanced options drop down, the page immediately hangs. this does not happen for non-store apps.

list of apps that have issues:

spotify - wont open

mail - opens but hangs on any mail with attachments

snipping tool - takes a snip but then immediately locks up my desktop. need to sign out to fix

i also cannot install any additional apps such as games from the xbox store.

have tried sfc /scannow, dsim checks, no issues found.

I am wondering whether this is a permissions issue with my main drive?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

:)

RalphTitmuss, May 16, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 16, 2020
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 16, 2020
  4. MVW
    mvw Win User

Windows Store Apps Hang/Freeze and Won't Uninstall

Uninstall program without uninstall file (Windows 10)

I would try step 3 of this article first

and if this should not work then consider the other options mentioned in that article (use a backup, use Revo Uninstaller Free, modify the registry).

Also trying to install another Julia Pro version from the older releases might be worth a try.

Thema:

Windows Store Apps Hang/Freeze and Won't Uninstall

1. Windows Store Apps Hang/Freeze and Won't Uninstall - Similar Threads - Store Apps Hang

2. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  3. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  4. Hanging or crashing apps in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

in Windows 10 News
    Hanging or crashing apps in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter: [IMG]It is advisable to download and install apps on your Windows computer through the Microsoft Store. However, at times, you might encounter problems of the apps hanging or crashing when trying to update them through the Microsoft Store. In this case, you would like to run...
  5. Hanging and crashing apps issue in windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hanging and crashing apps issue in windows store: Every time it try to run forza horizon 5 with xbox gamepass it never works it always crashes on startup and I've tried everything from resetting microsoft store running as admin, launch through micro soft store, made sure it was the same account, tried sfc /scanow and...
  6. Hanging and crashing apps issue in windows store

Hanging and crashing apps issue in windows store: Every time it try to run forza horizon 5 with xbox gamepass it never works it always crashes on startup and I've tried everything from resetting microsoft store running as admin, launch through micro soft store, made sure it was the same account, tried sfc /scanow and...
  7. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  8. Windows hangs or freezes

Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  9. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. App won't uninstall

App won't uninstall: I have been having trouble with win 10. (Suprise, Surprise). I found an app that I do not recognize nor install. Dokan Library Bundle. It shows the error " windows installer not available or installed " when I try to uninstall it. Any info about this "new" app would be...