Windows 10: Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar.

Discus and support Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi. Since some time, my windows apps icons in the search box doesn't show up. This only happens with windows store installed apps, and for the store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MattiaEffendi, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar.

Hi.

Since some time, my windows apps icons in the search box doesn't show up.

This only happens with windows store installed apps, and for the store itself.

Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar. 5b69a98a-7de7-4973-9d7d-763f93e9be2b?upload=true.png

Do someone have an idea on how to fix this? I really have no clue.

:)

MattiaEffendi, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 2, 2020
  3. aosman Win User
    Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Hi there, I have a similar imperfection which showed up upgrading to creators pack 2. When I search for Window store apps, (i.e. Mail, Calculator, Feedback, Edge) with Cortana, I always get blank icons. The app icons appear if I dock them to start or to task bar and they all work. It's only the icon that is missing when I search.

I have tried rebuilding search index, reinstalling whatever apps I can actually reinstall (like mail) and what was suggested above, but it does not fix it. Any ideas?

I have reported it to Microsoft via feedback app, but wondering if anyone else has been able to manually fix it.

Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar. [​IMG]

Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar. [​IMG]

aosman, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar.

store and photos app isnt showing proper icons

Hello Aditya,

As you are facing issues with accessing Photos app on your device with icons not displayed properly, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any update for Photos app from Windows Store. If found, try to update the app and check if it helps.

Open Windows Store, search for Photos app, check if you are able to find Update option.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar.

1. Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar. - Similar Threads - Store apps icons

2. Windows wont show any app icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont show any app icons in search bar: Windows has been doing this ever since I replaced my motherboard. I have tried everything present in the old locked thread with the same issue, even rebuilding my icon cache....
  3. Windows wont show any app icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont show any app icons in search bar: Windows has been doing this ever since I replaced my motherboard. I have tried everything present in the old locked thread with the same issue, even rebuilding my icon cache....
  4. Windows wont show any app icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  6. Icons not showing on search bar

in Cortana
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  7. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. App icon not showing correctly in search bar

in Cortana
    App icon not showing correctly in search bar: When searching for apps in the search bar the app icons comes up with an icon that is not correct. I have only had this problem since I updated my windows earlier today. I have restarted windows explorer, my pc, windows search, and app icon cache. I have also done a repair...
  9. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  10. Windows search bar not showing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar not showing icons: Ive been having this problem for several weeks now. Ive tried changing the display settings to 125% to 100% still didnt work. Also tried to disable thumbnail previews , still didnt work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance....