Windows 10: Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu

Discus and support Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, So you know how it's possible to move your shortcuts into folders and rename said folders on regular "desktop" apps? Is this possible with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drfsupercenter, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu

Hey guys,

So you know how it's possible to move your shortcuts into folders and rename said folders on regular "desktop" apps? Is this possible with Windows Store "Metro" apps as well?

What I'd really like to do, for example, is have a folder called "Games" where I put all of the games I've gotten from the store. Similar to how Office 2013 is its own folder and you don't HAVE to have Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc on their own in the start menu.

However, opening up the Explorer folder with the Start Menu only shows my "desktop apps" plus a couple choice Metro apps (like Settings)... none of the others.

Any pointers? I'm sure they're stored SOMEWHERE...

:)

drfsupercenter, Aug 14, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 14, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Aug 14, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu

Your OS would break.
    Users cannot move metro app installation folders around like standalone Win32 programs.

That is what Start groups (tiles) are for. Create a group called "Games" and another group for "Office"
    Pin the relevant program / app to your named group.

Users cannot choose where to install metro apps.

5. Erm, I'm not talking about "where to install metro apps"... the start menu is just shortcuts. I know the apps themselves are in C:/Program Files/WindowsApps or whatever.

drfsupercenter, Aug 14, 2015
  6. nt62 Win User
    Metro Apps are WinRT code. Desktop programs are Win32 code.
    They are very different.

Some installations offer the option to "open file location"
    and from there you can edit attributes / rename or delete the shortcut from the Start Menu.

Others cannot be altered / or moved. Your system might break.
    They are listed as Packages. These Packages are locked into the Registry.

Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu [​IMG]

Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu [​IMG]

nt62, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu

1. Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu - Similar Threads - Store Apps apps

2. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App: Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start...
  3. Start menu and "store apps"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and "store apps": Maybe I'm the only one who hates the alphabetic list in the Start menu, maybe it works well if you have five apps installed, but I find it annoying to have to scroll down through scores of apps just to find the link I need. I know, I can store the most used links in the...
  4. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...
  5. App from windows store not showing in all apps?

App from windows store not showing in all apps?: Hi everyone, I recently downloaded the google app from the windows store. I would like to pin it to start, but strangely it doesn't show up in the all apps menu. The only way that I have found to open it is by searching for it in the store and opening it from there. When I...
  6. 'All apps' in Windows menu not responding

'All apps' in Windows menu not responding: When I click 'all apps' in the Windows menu it doesn't respond when scrolling or clicking a program. I can however use the TAB/DOWN/UP keys to scroll through the list and use ENTER to start the program. Is there any fix for this? 40569
  7. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  8. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  9. All apps menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps menu: Hi there i am new to these forums and i need help as i cant find help anywhere . My windows 10 start menu under all apps seems to be busted , i click all apps and they listed as they should be A to Z , but when i right click the only option i get is "Pin to start" and nothing...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...