Windows 10: Windows Store + Apps keep crashing.

Discus and support Windows Store + Apps keep crashing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently updated to Windows 10 v2004 a few days ago, and even the day after I did things were fine. It was only just yesterday I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/M_RiGGz, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Windows Store + Apps keep crashing.

So I recently updated to Windows 10 v2004 a few days ago, and even the day after I did things were fine. It was only just yesterday I started experiencing some issues.

So to start off, I have been constantly getting an error message on startup stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, you may not have appropriate permissions" with a file path above the message leading to windowsapps folder of Cortana. I did however manage to fix this issue by uninstalling Cortana, but regardless there's still more issues. For some reason I can't open any images on my PC without getting the error message saying "the app did not start in time". I also noticed that I cannot open the Microsoft store, or even the calculator app, which leaves me to believe that this issue is tied to all windows apps and the store.

So upon figuring this out, I tried a numerous amount of fixes;

• I ran this command here "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" in powershell as an admin, saw a bunch of red text errors while running the command, rebooted after but no luck.

• I ran the sfc /scannow command in command prompt as an admin, still nothing.

• I ran the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command in command prompt as an admin, still no luck.

• I tried adding the Users group under security and allowing them full control on each app that was giving me an issue, which after I did that it gave me a different error message on the apps I tried starting (photos used to give me the no appropriate permissions error before it started saying the new did not start in time error), but still nothing.

• I tried running wsreset.exe, still didn't work and gave me a ms-windows-storeWindows Store + Apps keep crashing. :purgecaches error.

• And lastly, I tried changing ownership of the windowsapp folder to my profile and adding the ALL APPLICATIONS PACKAGES group under it and gave it "Modify" permissions but while applying that it gave me a bunch of enumerated errors, and still didn't work.

So now this leaves me scratching my head wondering what else I can try. I even tried reaching out to Microsoft Support and I was basically told to do a repair .iso upgrade, but even still that didn't work. In any case, here's the event viewer log of errors I have noted down, if any one could help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/K4JYrUD

submitted by /u/M_RiGGz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/M_RiGGz, Jul 15, 2020

2. store keeps crashing (windows 10)

Hi,

My husband bought an Asus X541S laptop a few days ago.

I have not been able to use the Windows store ever since I got the computer.

I have fun the troubleshooter, fixed time, done all the steps as suggested, but Windows store keeps on crashing every time I click on an app I want to download.

Please help.

Salmah.Erang, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Windows Store keep crashing

Hi Rohan,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

If the issue persists, try to clear and reset the Windows Store cache. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box, then select Command Prompt.
    • Type: WSReset.exe
    • Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Windows Store + Apps keep crashing.

APP STORE CRASH

Hi Robert,

Thanks posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that Windows store crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell
      • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
      • Close the Powershell window
      • Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store + Apps keep crashing.

1. Windows Store + Apps keep crashing. - Similar Threads - Store Apps keep

2. Windows Store Keeps Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Keeps Crashing: So I use Windows 10 and when I open store it crashes after a few seconds, i see the cursor have the blue spin thing for a moment then it just keeps crashing, The reason this happened was when I used wsreset.exe and repaired and reset windows store and restarted, i opened the...
  3. Windows Store Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Keeps Crashing: So I use Windows 10 and when I open store it crashes after a few seconds, i see the cursor have the blue spin thing for a moment then it just keeps crashing, The reason this happened was when I used wsreset.exe and repaired and reset windows store and restarted, i opened the...
  4. Windows Store Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps keep crashing: when few microsoft store apps are run [snipping tool, windows terminal, photos], the app crashes as soon as they are ran.im currently running the latest stable release of windows 11 and the apps mentioned are up to date.This happens daily and sometimes a refresh fixes it but...
  6. Microsoft store apps keep crashing

Microsoft store apps keep crashing: when few microsoft store apps are run [snipping tool, windows terminal, photos], the app crashes as soon as they are ran.im currently running the latest stable release of windows 11 and the apps mentioned are up to date.This happens daily and sometimes a refresh fixes it but...
  7. app from Microsoft store keeps crashing

app from Microsoft store keeps crashing: I just downloaded ARK: survival evolved after a 10 hour wait and it keep on crashing after about 10 seconds of opening. I've look through some of the question that are like this but none of the answers work for me....
  8. Windows store keeps crashing

Windows store keeps crashing: Hello, My windows store keeps crashing within 2 seconds of clicking on it. however if i use my personal windows account on the pc the windows store works and i can get the app i need. however this is my work laptop with microsoft365 and i need to have the app for that user....
  9. Microsoft Store Apps Keep Crashing

Microsoft Store Apps Keep Crashing: I have tried multiple solutions and none have worked. The following methods I have tried are from the following websites: https://www.guidingtech.com/windows-10-app-store-crashes-launch-fixes/ https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/10/steps-fixing-broken-apps-windows.html...
  10. Windows Store keeps crashing

Windows Store keeps crashing: I've read that this is happening to alot of folks; on my wife's upgraded win 10 home install, the store opens up for a second, then shuts down...no matter what I do, it keeps happening.. Anyone figured out a fix for this yet? thanks! 9773