Windows 10: Windows Store Apps Shutting Down

Discus and support Windows Store Apps Shutting Down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open an App from the store it shuts down, somewhere between 1 and 20 seconds after opening. Why?? This has only started occurring in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterEW-11, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Windows Store Apps Shutting Down

When I open an App from the store it shuts down, somewhere between 1 and 20 seconds after opening.

Why??

This has only started occurring in the past 6 weeks.

I am running W10 Professional

:)

PeterEW-11, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Nov 23, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Store Apps Shutting Down

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store Apps Shutting Down

1. Windows Store Apps Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Store Apps Shutting

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.: After 15 seconds of loading into a game I lose control of everything, I can't move my character, and the game just freezes up. I searched up how to fix my problem but nothing is helping. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it still won't work....
  5. The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.: After 15 seconds of loading into a game I lose control of everything, I can't move my character, and the game just freezes up. I searched up how to fix my problem but nothing is helping. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it still won't work....
  6. The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.

7. MS Store - Shuts Down

MS Store - Shuts Down: When I open MS Store it appears I am not signed in, although I am signed in to Windows with a linked account. I select Sign in and the app just sits there and does nothing.. Sometimes it just shuts down.....
  8. MS Store - Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store - Shuts Down: When I open MS Store it appears I am not signed in, although I am signed in to Windows with a linked account. I select Sign in and the app just sits there and does nothing.. Sometimes it just shuts down.....
  9. Mail app shuts down

Mail app shuts down: Mail app shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-shuts-down/f7a843a4-3aea-4e7b-a22e-fdfced83a758
  10. phone app shutting down

phone app shutting down: My Microsoft Lumia 950 "phone app" closes immediately when I start typing a contact name. This started about a month ago. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-shutting-down/6b13f1cb-4f2e-4d1e-b236-04da7b8c6c57

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone store shuts down

2. list of windows phone apps shutting down

3. windows phone shutting down apps