Windows 10: Windows Store Apps taking up space

Discus and support Windows Store Apps taking up space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I tried to change where a game was gonna install to make sure it wouldn't take up my c drive. I started installing and realized it was still taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ExiledJedl, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows Store Apps taking up space

So I tried to change where a game was gonna install to make sure it wouldn't take up my c drive. I started installing and realized it was still taking up my c drive. So I stopped the installation. I went and checked and my c drive was still almost full. I went and looked up how to clear it, but the WindowsApps folder where the partially installed game should be was not there, and I can't find it in apps and features. Please help

:)

ExiledJedl, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CWindows Store Apps taking up space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Apps and games file taking up too much space.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as Apps & feature has taken the maximum space in the Storage drive.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Since when are you observing this storage issue?

Please help us with the screenshot of the window after you click on
    Apps & feature under Storage settings, to understand which app is consuming more disk space. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot posted
    by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the disk optimization on the PC. Please refer the steps as suggested in this article:

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Also perform a full Scan of your System

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Go to Update and Security.
    3. Switch to the ‘Windows Security’ tab.
    4. Click on ‘Virus and threat protection’.
    5. Hit Scan options and select the ‘Full Scan’ box.
    6. Run the scan.

Also refer the suggestions as mentioned in this article: Free up drive space in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Store Apps taking up space

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store Apps taking up space

1. Windows Store Apps taking up space - Similar Threads - Store Apps taking

2. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  3. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  4. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  6. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  7. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. A Microsoft Store App Is Taking Double the Space on SSD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A Microsoft Store App Is Taking Double the Space on SSD: Hey, I've recently been playing Phantasy Star Online 2 from the Microsoft Store. Short story: I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now it takes up nearly twice as much space on my SSD. I want that space back. Detailed story: Every once and a while the app won't...
  9. Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space: [IMG] Recently, I've realized that my applications (not just browsers) won't take up the allotted space (located in red) on the screen when pushed to the left and right. Is there any way to reset this function? I'm pretty sure it's not the browser as I've tried this on...
  10. Unable to delete apps that are taking up space.

Unable to delete apps that are taking up space.: Please can someone help? I downloaded some apps onto an SD card but they wouldn't work. So I removed the SD card. Now these apps are taking up room on my tablet which I need. I have tried to remove them but get error code:0x8000000e. I have also tried resetting them but...