Windows 10: Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup

Discus and support Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I decided to change the ownership of my Windows partition from Trusted Installer to me. and then I made Trusted Installer a user with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ezz el din, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup

Hi,

Yesterday I decided to change the ownership of my Windows partition from Trusted Installer to me. and then I made Trusted Installer a user with full control and me a user with full control also added the All Application Packages user with full control along with the system user and the admin user.

Then I all users audit ability including the admin and system, all of that was done on Safe Mode.

Now everything is working fine except for Xbox Beta, Itunes, Icloud, Intel Graphics Command Center, I get this error when I tr0y to open them.

is there a way I can fix this error?

:)

ezz el din, Mar 12, 2020
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 12, 2020
  3. imrazor Win User
    All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

It all began when I was trying to get Firefox to open a downloaded Word .doc file. Firefox absolutely refused to realize that I had Word installed. So I did what I usually do when Firefox is obstinate about opening a file; I tried to locate Winword.exe and manually associate it with .doc files. Except I couldn't find Winword.exe anywhere.

I finally found it in a folder I had never seen before, "C:\Program Files\Windowsapps". The problem was that the folder was hidden and had some very strange permissions on it. So I took ownership of the folder and all subfolders and gave myself full control. That was a mistake.

Now when I open *any* Windows Store/Metro app I get the message "The parameter is incorrect". How can I repair the permissions on "C:\ProgramFiles\WIndowsapps"? I've already given ownership back to "TrustedInstaller", but I'm still getting "The parameter is incorrect." I also tried "sfc /scannow" but that didn't help.

BTW, all "classic" desktop apps work fine and Windows boots without any issue. But Office365 is totally hosed...

Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup [​IMG]

imrazor, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup

This Parameter is incorrect 0x80070057 win 10 recovery cd-rom

Hi,

The error "This Parameter is incorrect" usually happens because of a system or disk errors. To isolate this issue, we suggest running CHKDSK using the command prompt. Running CHKDSK
    can check the integrity of a hard disk and can repair various file system errors. To run CHKDSK follow these steps:

• Plug in external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r. You should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or external device.
    • Restart your PC once the process is done.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup

1. Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup - Similar Threads - Store Apps Parameter

2. Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.: Hello, I have been receiving the interrupted action notifications with some of the Four Edits files when extracting them for use in DaVinci Resolve 18. The message keeps repeating when I extract some of the files: "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If...
  3. ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error: I think there's a bug with "robocopy". I have a file, for whatever reason which has an invalid timestamp... but that I believe isn't the issue...K:\>dir IMG_3996.JPG Volume in drive K is photos Volume Serial Number is 0001-0123A Directory of K:\ 01/01/1970 10:49 AM 1,571,541...
  4. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  5. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  6. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

7. Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect: please tell me a solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80070057-the-parameter-is-incorrect/1ffd8ddb-55c2-4a76-9d34-55d132b7e429
  8. The parameter is incorrect error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The parameter is incorrect error: I started receiving the following error yesterday and not sure why or how to fix it. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64_Bw...\LocalBridge.exe The Parameter is Incorrect....
  9. Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.: Hi guys & girls, We are facing a weird issue here on corporate computers / Win10,v1803 mostly : Users are able to install Apps from Windows Store and sometimes use them as long as they don't log off / restart the machine... First reports were sent for Deezer / Spotify /...
  10. All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect": Glad you got it (mostly) sorted. As for the OEM stuff, you'll probably have to find it, download it and reinstall it. If you can't remember, you may be able to mount your backup and explore its contents and get the info you need from there. Hope it all goes well. Best...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. store app parameter is incorrect

2. xbox app the parameter is incorrect