Windows 10: Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

Discus and support Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi guys & girls, We are facing a weird issue here on corporate computers / Win10,v1803 mostly : Users are able to install Apps from Windows Store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by B.O_74, May 2, 2019.

1. B.O_74 Win User

Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

Hi guys & girls,

We are facing a weird issue here on corporate computers / Win10,v1803 mostly :

Users are able to install Apps from Windows Store and sometimes use them as long as they don't log off / restart the machine...

First reports were sent for Deezer / Spotify / iTunes but i tried with other Apps and the bug is the same.

All the Apps are "installed" in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\%App-specific-folder\app"

We are able to open them if we open the exe file that is located in this folder.

What is not working is the "shortcuts" pointing to these exe files, but no clue yet on why they don't work Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. :(

Any help here ?

Thanks Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. ;)

:)

B.O_74, May 2, 2019
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 2, 2019
  3. imrazor Win User
    All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

It all began when I was trying to get Firefox to open a downloaded Word .doc file. Firefox absolutely refused to realize that I had Word installed. So I did what I usually do when Firefox is obstinate about opening a file; I tried to locate Winword.exe and manually associate it with .doc files. Except I couldn't find Winword.exe anywhere.

I finally found it in a folder I had never seen before, "C:\Program Files\Windowsapps". The problem was that the folder was hidden and had some very strange permissions on it. So I took ownership of the folder and all subfolders and gave myself full control. That was a mistake.

Now when I open *any* Windows Store/Metro app I get the message "The parameter is incorrect". How can I repair the permissions on "C:\ProgramFiles\WIndowsapps"? I've already given ownership back to "TrustedInstaller", but I'm still getting "The parameter is incorrect." I also tried "sfc /scannow" but that didn't help.

BTW, all "classic" desktop apps work fine and Windows boots without any issue. But Office365 is totally hosed...

Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. [​IMG]

imrazor, May 2, 2019
  4. Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

parameter is incorrect?

im trying to full scan my windows 10 cuz its slow, but it says full protected, and when i scanned it it said the parameter was incorrect. whats a parameter and how is it incorrect? is my computer broken? what should i do and will it harm my computer?

Hatsune Mikat, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

1. Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. - Similar Threads - Store Apps parameter

2. Error Code 0x80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Code 0x80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect: I attempted to move some program files from my C: drive to my D: drive to free up space on my ssd (I have almost a TB of space on the D drive and I am running out of space on the SSD) I selected all of the Windows files from Program Files (x86) and moved them [only to the C:...
  3. (F:) parameter is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    (F:) parameter is incorrect.: I am unable to access important material, as the external hard drive is not working due to the above problem. Grateful for any advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-parameter-is-incorrect/643fe076-b81c-467d-859b-7d1368ade6b5"
  4. Hard drive inaccessible, parameter incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive inaccessible, parameter incorrect: Last night for an unknown reason, my 1 TB Seagate external hard drive wasnt allowing me to use things inside of it or open it. It would tell me the parameters were incorrect. When it was plugged in, I was unable to use the taskbar with the start menu unresponsive and my...
  5. E: is not accessable, the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    E: is not accessable, the parameter is incorrect: My HP computer crashed, but before it did, I backed up my data through the blue recovery system onto a My Passport external hard drive. I have since reinstalled Windows 10 and all the HP drivers. I am trying to get the saved data back on my computer. However, when I try to...
  6. PARAMETER INCORRECT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PARAMETER INCORRECT: [ATTACH] HELP ME PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parameter-incorrect/7cf564b3-316f-4a62-9273-30781e9e6c95
  7. the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the parameter is incorrect: While trying to print I am getting a message saying "The Parameter is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_print3d-win_start3d/the-parameter-is-incorrect/2fcb3c04-b14b-4d52-b8a5-96d0162ed6fd
  8. Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect: I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105. Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out...
  9. All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect": Glad you got it (mostly) sorted. As for the OEM stuff, you'll probably have to find it, download it and reinstall it. If you can't remember, you may be able to mount your backup and explore its contents and get the info you need from there. Hope it all goes well. Best...
  10. "N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect": Hi All, My first post! A couple of weeks ago when I turned my PC on and clicked one of drives I received a message that "This Folder Is Empty". I found this solution after a google search: 1.diskpart 2. list disk 3. select disk {number} 4. attributes disk clear readonly...