Windows 10: Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

Discus and support Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi guys & girls, We are facing a weird issue here on corporate computers / Win10,v1803 mostly : Users are able to install Apps from Windows Store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by B.O_74, May 2, 2019.

1. B.O_74 Win User

Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

Hi guys & girls,

We are facing a weird issue here on corporate computers / Win10,v1803 mostly :

Users are able to install Apps from Windows Store and sometimes use them as long as they don't log off / restart the machine...

First reports were sent for Deezer / Spotify / iTunes but i tried with other Apps and the bug is the same.

All the Apps are "installed" in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\%App-specific-folder\app"

We are able to open them if we open the exe file that is located in this folder.

What is not working is the "shortcuts" pointing to these exe files, but no clue yet on why they don't work Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. :(

Any help here ?

Thanks Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. ;)

:)

B.O_74, May 2, 2019
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 2, 2019
  3. imrazor Win User
    All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

It all began when I was trying to get Firefox to open a downloaded Word .doc file. Firefox absolutely refused to realize that I had Word installed. So I did what I usually do when Firefox is obstinate about opening a file; I tried to locate Winword.exe and manually associate it with .doc files. Except I couldn't find Winword.exe anywhere.

I finally found it in a folder I had never seen before, "C:\Program Files\Windowsapps". The problem was that the folder was hidden and had some very strange permissions on it. So I took ownership of the folder and all subfolders and gave myself full control. That was a mistake.

Now when I open *any* Windows Store/Metro app I get the message "The parameter is incorrect". How can I repair the permissions on "C:\ProgramFiles\WIndowsapps"? I've already given ownership back to "TrustedInstaller", but I'm still getting "The parameter is incorrect." I also tried "sfc /scannow" but that didn't help.

BTW, all "classic" desktop apps work fine and Windows boots without any issue. But Office365 is totally hosed...

Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. [​IMG]

imrazor, May 2, 2019
  4. Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

parameter is incorrect?

im trying to full scan my windows 10 cuz its slow, but it says full protected, and when i scanned it it said the parameter was incorrect. whats a parameter and how is it incorrect? is my computer broken? what should i do and will it harm my computer?

Hatsune Mikat, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

1. Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers. - Similar Threads - Store Apps parameter

2. Parameter is Incorrect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Parameter is Incorrect: Yesterday microsoft store applications and microsoft store itself werent opening. Instead they showed this error message and now I cant use these applciations. Can someone help me please? I was messing with security permissions last night and now I regret it...
  3. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

"The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  4. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  5. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. The Parameter is incorrect

The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  7. Parameter incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter incorrect: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  8. Parameter incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter incorrect: Every few months my laptop has an issue where certain apps will stop working, with a "parameter incorrect" error message. This always seems to happen for the same apps every time regardless of whether they're from the internet, or microsoft store etc, and this issue currently...
  9. Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup

Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup: Hi, Yesterday I decided to change the ownership of my Windows partition from Trusted Installer to me. and then I made Trusted Installer a user with full control and me a user with full control also added the All Application Packages user with full control along with the...
  10. All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect": Glad you got it (mostly) sorted. As for the OEM stuff, you'll probably have to find it, download it and reinstall it. If you can't remember, you may be able to mount your backup and explore its contents and get the info you need from there. Hope it all goes well. Best...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows gamepass game stellaris wont launch the parameter is incorrect

2. the parameter is incorrect windows 10 apps

3. C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_X64_8weky

4. incorrect parameter apps microsoft store,
  5. c:\program files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0