Windows 10: Windows Store apps versus downloaded software

Discus and support Windows Store apps versus downloaded software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm still relatively new to Win10, having done a clean install on my laptop that had been running Win7 for a few years. I'm trying to understand if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ftw1, May 1, 2016.

1. ftw1 Win User

Windows Store apps versus downloaded software

I'm still relatively new to Win10, having done a clean install on my laptop that had been running Win7 for a few years.

I'm trying to understand if there's any advantage/disadvantage to installing apps from the Windows Store versus installing the regular versions of the same software. For example, I'm a long-time user of portable apps and for years have used the portable version of VLC. However, I saw that there's a VLC app available from the Store. So I installed both versions (i.e. the portable version and the Store app version) and the portable version is clearly more robust and has more features than the app. Such being the case, why would anyone want the Store app version versus the regular or portable version? Is there some advantage to installing the Store apps instead of the regular or portable versions of software? Do the apps install and uninstall at lot cleaner than their non-app counterparts?

:)

ftw1, May 1, 2016

2. when the app flightradar24 come complet in windows phone??

thank you
    7thSense
    for reply but i dont think FlightAware can Versus flightradar24 there no app in windows phone store can
    Versus Flightradar24.this app important for Businessmens.

Arabian Prince, May 1, 2016
  3. mhrc4 Win User
    Marketplace apps creating weird entries in "Remove Programs" list.

this is by design I believe, its the unique IDs that help Windows Mobile manage Marketplace apps versus other downloaded/installed apps

mhrc4, May 1, 2016
  4. Windows Store apps versus downloaded software

The store aps are "guaranteed" be Microsoft to be virus-free, and they won't clash with Windows 10.

Outside the store, there are many fine diagnostic and maintenance software, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware, CCleaner, Win Patrol, CoreTemp, and others. Also, high-tech games (which are sometimes expensive) are available outside the store.

Vince Massi, May 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows Store apps versus downloaded software

1. Windows Store apps versus downloaded software - Similar Threads - Store apps versus

2. why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?: so i went to play modern combat versus and it gave me a notification saying blah blah blah can't remember so I looked in the app store this was a while ago and I don't know what's going now...
  3. why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?: so i went to play modern combat versus and it gave me a notification saying blah blah blah can't remember so I looked in the app store this was a while ago and I don't know what's going now...
  4. why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Store Not Downloading Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Not Downloading Apps: I am not winning.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-downloading-apps/cd2a2f63-f1a7-4615-a2f1-4e09657ac499
  6. Windows Store Not Downloading Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Not Downloading Apps: I am not winning.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-downloading-apps/cd2a2f63-f1a7-4615-a2f1-4e09657ac499
  7. download software from store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download software from store: Cannot figure out how to download Win 10 Pro purchased from MS store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-software-from-store/8a61c58d-1520-4fc9-a6ba-30660113a3fc
  8. Windows store will not download apps

Windows store will not download apps: Hi im having tons of trouble with windows after installing a new motherboard. Windows would not activate with my old key at all, so I bought a new one spent an hour last night on the phone with MS trying to activate my new product key and finally did. Problem today is I cant...
  9. Download Software at Microsoft Store

Download Software at Microsoft Store: Dear, i bought affinity photo at Window store, but the download file still no responding. please help. Regards Ari https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-software-at-microsoft-store/b95eb8e5-5bcd-43da-af47-fb87d91db27f"
  10. Not downloading apps in Windows Store

Not downloading apps in Windows Store: I wanted to get the adblock extension on Edge through the MS store but this appeared (see the picture below). And yes I tried logged in with a microsoft account too and the same thing appears. Honestly I don't know what to do. I tried clearing the cache and reseting the store...