Windows 10: Windows Store broken & Tech Support

Discus and support Windows Store broken & Tech Support in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I hate having to post negative stuff, but sometimes I have to. My Windows Store pops open and immediately closes. Also, the Xbox Pass Beta thing I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelReed19, May 13, 2020.

1. Windows Store broken & Tech Support

I hate having to post negative stuff, but sometimes I have to.

My Windows Store pops open and immediately closes. Also, the Xbox Pass Beta thing I signed up for won't let me sign in. Those are my issues...my current install of Windows is only a few months old as it is. I don't d/l shady software or hang out on shady sites, there is no reason my OS should be doing this. Everything else runs great!

First, I do ALL the things online it says to do. I'm savvy enough, so I do msconfig stuff, powershell stuff, you name it, I tried it.

I give up. I get in touch with support. First time, it asks me for my number, I provide, a guy calls me back ASAP, he's friendly and smart...sounds good. I give him remote access, and he does a bunch of stuff to my computer as we talk on phone. We finally have to do a soft re-install of Windows, where I get to keep my apps and files at the moment I can't afford the lost time of re-installing 20 apps I work with daily.

The Windows install takes a long time, and he says let me call you back after. I say, great. The re-install happens, and it doesn't work. He never calls me back. This all took well over an hour...

I get back on chat support...they connect me now with someone who can't call, and it's only through chat. She looks up my case number 1500912093, and sees no updates or notes on my previous case at all. I have to walk through the whole thing again, this time through chat. Chatting with someone while they remote access your computer is very frustrating and counter-productive.

We try a bunch of stuff. Nothing works. She says, 'I'm afraid the only thing we can do is a fresh re-install of Windows'...

*sigh*

So basically, before I knew it wouldn't work, I had purchased an Xbox Pass to play Sea of Thieves and try some other games...unfortunately, the Xbox Gaming Pass login issue thwarted me from buying anything.

Mr. Gates, I'm sorry, but I wanted to throw money at you, in these times of strife and depression, but you wouldn't let me. Why do you have Sea of Thieves only on the Windows store anyway? That's just passive aggressive. I'm sorry, but it's widely accepted as a terrible idea. If it were on steam, I'd be playing it. But now, I'm never using the Windows Store or Xbox Game pass. I cancelled my sub, and that's that. And because of my tech support issues, I won't be trying it ever again. I know that's harsh, but there's just too many other 'working' alternatives out there.

I hope we all come out of these times with our heath and humor. I apologize if this 'discussion' seems harsh. It's been a rough week.

Be well.

:)

MichaelReed19, May 13, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 13, 2020
  3. COUPLE Win User
    Windows 10 Store Broken

Hello everyone, I'm seeking help with my problem that is the Windows Store is broken now and won't even open

it look like this now:

Windows Store broken & Tech Support [​IMG]

Any suggestions and help are appreciated!
    Thank you

COUPLE, May 13, 2020
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Windows Store broken & Tech Support

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

Windows Store broken & Tech Support [​IMG]

Borg 386, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store broken & Tech Support

1. Windows Store broken & Tech Support - Similar Threads - Store broken Tech

2. tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  3. tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  4. tech support for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support for windows: My 90 day old laptop that was repaired yesterday would not load the windows OS and tech said to call in and a tech would walk me through fixing it ... they never called so I tried to reload it from a previous version and now the email account wont load.My service Tag is...
  5. tech support for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support for windows: My 90 day old laptop that was repaired yesterday would not load the windows OS and tech said to call in and a tech would walk me through fixing it ... they never called so I tried to reload it from a previous version and now the email account wont load.My service Tag is...
  6. tech support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  7. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tech Support: With the size that Microsoft is, why have I waited 5 hours for them to connect early this afternoon, and now 3 hours to connect to live chat? This is ridiculous. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/b4b5f62f-7db8-471c-a2d9-4959aa37640d
  8. tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tech support: why does my screen locks me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/bfd891fa-3f76-4add-a576-6b3194aa9af2
  9. Tech support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tech support: My PC was not updating and I asked for help . I asked for an Agent to do Quick Access and have a look he said OK. Then asked for my first and last name my email address and phone number. This has never happened before I got suspicious and cut him off . Was I right in doing...
  10. Windows Tech Support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Tech Support: In the last several months I have gotten calls from person claiming to be from window tech support. they say something is wrong and they need to fix it. I have been told that window tech DOES NOT call UNLESS you call them first with a problem. Is this correct. I have not...