Windows 10: Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset

Discus and support Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. So I installed some optional updates to Windows 10 and it crashed my computer. I got stuck in BSOD loop even before the login screen, and Safe Mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ameeraftab_pk, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset

Hi. So I installed some optional updates to Windows 10 and it crashed my computer. I got stuck in BSOD loop even before the login screen, and Safe Mode wasn't helpful either, so had to reset the windows while keeping my data, but losing all user apps.

Once it restored and I got back into windows, I thought everything is fine. That's until I found that I no longer have Windows Store. A couple days later, I can't seem to start my calculator, calendar, Xbox Game Bar, and god knows which other default apps. I've been searching for solutions but nothing works. Here's what I have tried so far:

- WSReset.exe didn't help. The command prompt window stays open for a while but then a pop-up comes up saying

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-window-store link"

This indicates that Windows Store app is missing completely.

- Tried the following command in PowerShell Admin mode

" Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"
    Does nothing. So I tried it with -Verbose} prefix which shows all kinds of gibberish. Attaching the notepad file here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12mNfbV2mCnyH6cKrUZ8ncTwZ_Z_QbZ6X/view?usp=sharing

I've tried all the solutions in forums, YouTube videos, and everything in between. Nothing seems to help. Does anyone have a solution?

:)

ameeraftab_pk, Oct 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Missing application (Calculator).

Hi Lourdes,

Based on the details provided, there are a lot of possible factors for an application to be missing. To isolate
    the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• When looking for calculator using Cortana, what are the search results?

• Have you tried resetting your Windows Store components and check if it can recover the missing application(s)?

• Have you tried running SFC and DISM.exe?

• Aside from installing it again, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Craige Win User

Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset

Calculator Missing... ?

I swear I checked it in app list and it wasn't there yesterday! Lol, its here and retrieved successfully !

On the side note: I the future upgrade/fresh install of win 10? can I expect calculator to be missing and have to download it separately from the store ?

If yes, how to make sure it is the default calc I am downloading (never used store except once before)

Craige, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset

1. Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset - Similar Threads - Store Calculator missing

2. Store missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store missing after reset: System reset was executed to my PC due to malfunction. It was successful and now Im facing a new problem. The MS Store went missing and no trace in my PC. I want to download all the apps that I have before but I cant. I dont want to reset again so please help me....
  3. Store missing after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store missing after reset: System reset was executed to my PC due to malfunction. It was successful and now Im facing a new problem. The MS Store went missing and no trace in my PC. I want to download all the apps that I have before but I cant. I dont want to reset again so please help me....
  4. store is missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    store is missing after reset: I just reset my PC and now I need to download apps from MS Store but I cant find it anywhere. I tried the powershell command and and wsreset command and it is still not coming up. How can I get the MS Store back to my device. I signed in with my MS account....
  5. store is missing after reset

store is missing after reset: I just reset my PC and now I need to download apps from MS Store but I cant find it anywhere. I tried the powershell command and and wsreset command and it is still not coming up. How can I get the MS Store back to my device. I signed in with my MS account....
  6. Windows Store completely missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store completely missing after reset: I had to reset my computer, and now the windows store is missing?? I cant find it anywhere. I have tried powershell commands in order to reinstall it like "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  7. Windows Store completely missing after reset

Windows Store completely missing after reset: I had to reset my computer, and now the windows store is missing?? I cant find it anywhere. I have tried powershell commands in order to reinstall it like "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  8. Windows Store completely missing after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store

Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store: Hello All, Hoping someone can help us - it is an interesting one. We have built a Citrix VDI solution that uses a golden image with the latest Windows 10 version/build (fully patched to September 24th). This image is presented to the end-users (a fresh) whenever they...
  10. Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store

Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store: Hello All, Hoping someone can help us - it is an interesting one. We have built a Citrix VDI solution that uses a golden image with the latest Windows 10 version/build (fully patched to September 24th). This image is presented to the end-users (a fresh) whenever they...