Windows 10: Windows *Store* - Cannot remove additonal account

Discus and support Windows *Store* - Cannot remove additonal account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I logged into Windows with my son's Microsoft account. I then logged in as myself in the Windows Store. I installed apps that have purchased etc. But... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by scragg0x, Mar 2, 2019.

1. scragg0x Win User

Windows *Store* - Cannot remove additonal account

I logged into Windows with my son's Microsoft account. I then logged in as myself in the Windows Store. I installed apps that have purchased etc. But if I log myself out of the Microsoft Store, my son is still able to login as me and what's worse is he can use HIS PIN to log in as me. I can't find anywhere to remove my login from the store.

To make this clear, this is in the Microsoft Store, if he logs out then there is a list of accounts to log in, one is mine, one is his. I want to remove my account from this listing. HOW? Why does it accept HIS PIN into my account?

I have seen suggestions such as: login to https://account.microsoft.com and manage devices and remove PC from list. THIS DOES NOT WORK. And seems overkill anyways if it did.

:)

scragg0x, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Remove Microsoft account from Windows store

Hi, Abbas.

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and we will try to assist you the best way we can.

As per your query, I am led to believe that you want to remove your Office PC from the list of devices that you have configured to Windows Store.

If that is the case then, I suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Windows Store, click on the symbol that contains your username.

2. Locate and click on View Account, this will redirect you to the
    Microsoft account page.

3. On the page, click on Devices.

4. Now select the Device that you wish to remove and click on Remove PC.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 2, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows *Store* - Cannot remove additonal account - Similar Threads - *Store* Cannot remove

2. Touchscreen not working for additonal users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen not working for additonal users: I am having weird problem. My touch screen works fine when I'm logged in as an administrator but when my additional family members logs in as standard user, they are not able to use touch screen. I can't even calibrate the screen from thier account. I couldn't find any online...
  3. Touchscreen not working for additonal users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen not working for additonal users: I am having weird problem. My touch screen works fine when I'm logged in as an administrator but when my additional family members logs in as standard user, they are not able to use touch screen. I can't even calibrate the screen from thier account. I couldn't find any online...
  4. Cannot remove Work/School Account

Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  5. Cannot remove a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove a Microsoft account: I am trying to help a friend remove a MS account from his computer and I keep running into roadblocks.My friend did two things wrong when he set up his original MS account - he spelled his own name incorrectly!, and did not record his password. Two mistakes but it is what it...
  6. Cannot remove a Microsoft account

Cannot remove a Microsoft account: I am trying to help a friend remove a MS account from his computer and I keep running into roadblocks.My friend did two things wrong when he set up his original MS account - he spelled his own name incorrectly!, and did not record his password. Two mistakes but it is what it...
  7. Are there some additonal settings for windows Update and Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there some additonal settings for windows Update and Microsoft Store?: I have found that both Windows Update and the Microsoft Store are trying to do too much at one time.The Store appears to try to download all available Application updates at the same time, or try installing them at the same time.Windows Update wants to restart the computer to...
  8. Cannot remove work account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot remove work account: I am trying to change the PIN on my computer for sign in but it keeps telling me to use my work account. I then go into account settings on my computer AND microsoft for additional accounts and it isnt even listed to remove it. It is extremely frustrating because I do not...
  9. Tried to remove bloatware and cannot find Windows Store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to remove bloatware and cannot find Windows Store.: Hey all, I know I'm about to seem pretty stupid for this. I ran the code listed on this website: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easily-remove-bloatware-windows-10/ In order to remove some of the bloatware on this laptop. It was written that it simply "obscured" it and that,...
  10. Cannot remove account in Kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot remove account in Kiosk mode: I want to use Kiosk mode and need to set up it. Unfortunately Get Started button is unavailable, the account appears to be already configured but I haven’t configure it. I tried to remove Kiosk, but it’s not working Thank you! Tony...