Windows 10: Windows Store - Cant download apps + Updates stuck on starting/pending

Discus and support Windows Store - Cant download apps + Updates stuck on starting/pending in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have been having isues with windows store recently. I have the XBOX Game Pass Ultimate and have been trying to download games from the pass on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Elliot Sargent, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows Store - Cant download apps + Updates stuck on starting/pending

I have been having isues with windows store recently. I have the XBOX Game Pass Ultimate and have been trying to download games from the pass on my desktop and everytime I do the progress bar is stuck on "Starting". After many google searches I decided to uninstall the Xbox Beta app and re-download it, however every time I attempt to install the app the button does nothing. I was hoping someone could offer some assistance?

Very similar issue to Shelholtz's post from 2018:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...If you have logged in,to check if that helps.

Many thanks,

Elliot.

:)

Elliot Sargent, Jun 2, 2020
  2. tghmonkey Win User

Windows Store download stuck on PENDING/STARTING DOWNLOAD

Recently I have tried to download a game on the Windows store on Windows 10. It was a free game. It didn't get past the pending part and I couldn't do anything. I have tried:

• Press Windows button + R Type wsreset.exe
    • Troubleshooting the windows update thing
    I want to be able to download the game without clearing all my apps. It is now on the 'Starting download' part and is stuck again. I have previously downloaded other apps and it usually downloads very fast.

Could someone please give me a solution?

Thanks

tghmonkey, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 store on phone stuck pending

Yes! Yes! Yes! I have found the solution a little bit typical but it will save you from resets and losing your data.

STEPS

1. Select update all in downloads and updates in store in windows 10 mobile phone.

2. Let them start downloading .

3. Now select pause all in same menu.

4. This time you will get two option in front of all apps resume and cancel even on those apps which are stuck.

5. Now cancel the every app from list by clicking on cross one by one.

6. Now you have got empty download list but still you will see stuck apps in phone's app list at pending.

7. Again open the store and search there for the same app which is stuck on your phone.

8. Click on install on app page in store and wait.

9. A pop up menu will come written something went wrong just close it and keep waiting on same page.

10. Now the final step app will start downloading automatically and what you have to do is just click on cross when it comes.

11. BINGO! App has been removed from your app list no hard reset no lose of data just a little patience is required i have found the solution myself because i was sailing in same boat.

sahilsharma125, Jun 2, 2020
  4. clayto Win User

Windows Store - Cant download apps + Updates stuck on starting/pending

Store apps will not download or update

Yet again I am unable to download or update apps from the Store. I now have fourteen pending or otherwise stuck. In the past I have solved this by turning the Windows Firewall (managed by Norton) back on temporarily but this time it is already on. I have tried resetting the Store cache and other fixes but nothing works. sfc and DISM have been run.

Suggestions please?

clayto, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store - Cant download apps + Updates stuck on starting/pending

1. Windows Store - Cant download apps + Updates stuck on starting/pending - Similar Threads - Store Cant download

2. Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending: Hi, my Microsoft store isn't downloading or updating any of my applications and is stuck on pending and not changing status. I have tried repairing and resetting but it isn't fixing the issue. I tried downloading the Xbox app from the site but it gets stuck and doesn't...
  3. Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending: Hi, my Microsoft store isn't downloading or updating any of my applications and is stuck on pending and not changing status. I have tried repairing and resetting but it isn't fixing the issue. I tried downloading the Xbox app from the site but it gets stuck and doesn't...
  4. Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending

Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending: I decided to uninstall and reinstall the Minecraft game, but now I can't even reinstall the game. In Microsoft Store, when I try to install the game and other applications it crashes when starting the download. I rebooted my router and ruled that my connection is not the...
  5. Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending: I decided to uninstall and reinstall the Minecraft game, but now I can't even reinstall the game. In Microsoft Store, when I try to install the game and other applications it crashes when starting the download. I rebooted my router and ruled that my connection is not the...
  6. Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft Store downloads are stuck on pending

Microsoft Store downloads are stuck on pending: I have recently subscribed to to the gamepass for PC. I tried downloading the XBOX app on Microsoft Store but it seems to be stuck on pending, same with the other apps. I've noticed this problem a few weeks ago but didn't pay attention to it until now. I have tried many...
  8. Downloading an App and it is stuck on pending

Downloading an App and it is stuck on pending: I wanted to play some Minecraft Windows 10 Edition with friends today so I went to play Minecraft but it wasn't loading. I then decided to re install Minecraft. I uninstalled Minecraft and I installed it again. I come back from calling and talking with my friends and when I...
  9. Microsoft Store not updating app, but stuck as pending.

Microsoft Store not updating app, but stuck as pending.: Hi, Few days ago I changed my pc region from Pakistan to United States because I had to download one app, but unfortunately few days later I saw it is not downloading but stuck in the condition of "pending" . Not only the app but other apps that were updating are also...
  10. Microsoft Store Stuck on Starting Download and Pending

Microsoft Store Stuck on Starting Download and Pending: Recently, I opened up my Minecraft and I realized that it was taking forever to load compared to how quickly it usually opens. After a couple tries, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game, but now I can't even reinstall the game. In the Microsoft Store, when I try to...