Windows 10: Windows Store - Can't Install Anything

Discus and support Windows Store - Can't Install Anything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So I can't install anything from the Windows Store. What happened is that I was trying to open the weather app. It would open and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sefirosu, Mar 17, 2016.

1. sefirosu Win User

Windows Store - Can't Install Anything

Hey everyone,

So I can't install anything from the Windows Store. What happened is that I was trying to open the weather app. It would open and close down right away. So I removed it within powershell and I can't install it or any apps now. When I try to install an app, I get the following message:

Try the download again. Something happened on our end.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro. Version 1511. Any thoughts to what the issue might be? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

sefirosu, Mar 17, 2016
  2. kkw78 Win User

Can't Download Apps

Thanks for the suggestion, but no errors were found. The window app store app won't even install. I can't get anything on this machine.

kkw78, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Unable to find Windows DVD Player after purchasing it

*Original Title: Bought software but can't find app???

I have purchased the Windows DVD Player on the store but i can't seem to find it anywhere or anything to install it?

Hope you can help this issue

AshleighPayne, Mar 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Suggestions :

#1. do a system file check to look for corrupt files. If any found, it will try to do repair.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If you have report #3. Please post back. There is way to fix that.

#2. If suggestion #1 does not help, do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  5. sefirosu Win User
    So it didn't quite work as expected? See below:

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Here's part of that log towards the end:

sefirosu, Mar 17, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    RE : found corrupt files but unable to repair

In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

If you receive the report that " Source files could not be found " please post back.
    There is also a way to fix that.

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  7. sefirosu Win User
    Got the source files could not be found:

sefirosu, Mar 17, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

OK.
    Use the Tech Bench link and download the corresponding ISO file.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Make sure you select Windows 10 ( first one on the list ).
    Make sure you select the same language as your computer is now using.
    Same applies to bit version.

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > and leave it there.
    Now open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  9. sefirosu Win User
    Thanks for the help. I am downloading the iso now. It's WIN10_1511_1_English_x64.iso. It's telling me that it will take 3 hours to download but it keeps jumping around. I have been downloading it for a half hour or so. I will post an update later on today.

sefirosu, Mar 17, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    I had same problem and only shutting Firewall down helped.

CountMike, Mar 17, 2016
  11. sefirosu Win User
    No luck with that. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

sefirosu, Mar 17, 2016
  12. sefirosu Win User
    So I did this and it did not work for me. The tiles are still auto closing and I can't install anything in the store.

sefirosu, Mar 17, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

I have no more suggestion other than to do a repair install.

You already have the Win 10 ISO downloaded from Tech Bench.
    Now go back to the iso > right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    Installation will begin.
    You have the options of keeping your files, settings and apps, or keep nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  14. sefirosu Win User
    Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it a ton!!

sefirosu, Mar 17, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    Keep me posted whether you have the problem resolved or not.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store - Can't Install Anything - Similar Threads - Store Can't Install

2. Microsoft store can't install anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store can't install anything: Hello all,I have been trying to download the Xbox app for pc on the Microsoft store for months now and I have been unsuccessful every time. Anytime I try to install something the x80070005 error code popos up. I have done hours of research to try to get rid of this error code...
  3. Microsoft store can't install anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store can't install anything: Hello all,I have been trying to download the Xbox app for pc on the Microsoft store for months now and I have been unsuccessful every time. Anytime I try to install something the x80070005 error code popos up. I have done hours of research to try to get rid of this error code...
  4. Microsoft store can't install anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install anything on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install anything on microsoft store: I'm unable to install anything on mincrosoft store, for example, when I press install on minecraft launcher, nothing happens. When I try to install something else, it gives me this message: "Try the download again, something happened on our end". I'm very confused and I don't...
  6. Can't install anything on microsoft store

Can't install anything on microsoft store: I'm unable to install anything on mincrosoft store, for example, when I press install on minecraft launcher, nothing happens. When I try to install something else, it gives me this message: "Try the download again, something happened on our end". I'm very confused and I don't...
  7. Can't Install Anything From Windows Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Anything From Windows Store.: Hi, I've made a support problem around the end of January and the end of February, but I didn't get responses after a short time. My problem is that I can't install anything from my windows store and I've done everything that a person from Microsoft has told me to do,...
  8. I can't install anything on Windows Store

I can't install anything on Windows Store: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 yesterday, and it activated successfully but i cant install it. I go to the page and see this, but when i hover over the "install" button it comes up with a cross, and can't install it, and it just puts the item into the download queue. I...
  9. Can't install anything on the Microsoft Store.

Can't install anything on the Microsoft Store.: I tried to install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition and it gave me Code 0x80080005, I tried to use wreset but that didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-anything-on-the-microsoft-store/7589554a-4203-4ccd-be6a-f70851afc80d
  10. Can't download or install anything on Windows 10 Store

Can't download or install anything on Windows 10 Store: Suddenly whenever anything tries to download, it immediately fails with the error code 0x803FB005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-or-install-anything-on-windows-10/22bcca55-e098-4304-806c-38006b0f686f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install anything from the windows store

2. cant install anything from windows store

3. cant install anything from widows store

4. Something unexpected happened Error code : 0x87E10BCF,
  5. windows store cant install anything