Windows 10: Windows store can't install bought game

Discus and support Windows store can't install bought game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello i cannot install the game i recently bought, Astroneer. i have an exclamation mark which says when i hover over it that Astroneer does not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EdwardCezar, May 13, 2019.

1. Windows store can't install bought game

Hello i cannot install the game i recently bought, Astroneer. i have an exclamation mark which says when i hover over it that Astroneer does not work on this device. what can i do? did i just waste the money?

:)

EdwardCezar, May 13, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 13, 2019
  3. Not able to access the games bought from Windows store in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

To assist you better please provide few details.

1. Which games are you trying to access?

2. Are you using the same Microsoft account to login to Windows store which you were using to login to purchase the game?

This issue might occur if the game version is not supported in Windows 10.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you check in Window store whether the games has been installed or not.

If it is showing Installed. Follow the steps to open the game and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows + S.

b. Type the game name and hit enter to open.

In Windows store check if the game is listed under doesn't support this device category in My library in Windows store. If it is listed under doesn't support this device category, it means it will most probably
    wont work in Windows 10. You can play the game in previous version of Windows.

Method 2: Try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the game setup file and click on ‘properties’.

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Reference:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, May 13, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows store can't install bought game

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows store can't install bought game

1. Windows store can't install bought game - Similar Threads - store can't install

2. bought game for kid and now he can't see it in store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought game for kid and now he can't see it in store: Hi, few days ago I tried buying Minecraft game for my kid and the game is my Windows Store instead of his. How can I give him the game? I don't want him to play the game under my MS account on Windows 10 machine....
  3. bought game for kid and now he can't see it in store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bought game for kid and now he can't see it in store: Hi, few days ago I tried buying Minecraft game for my kid and the game is my Windows Store instead of his. How can I give him the game? I don't want him to play the game under my MS account on Windows 10 machine....
  4. bought game for kid and now he can't see it in store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. XBox games bought in store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox games bought in store: Since I have the XBox app can a game bought in a store, example Wal-Mart, be installed and played on a PC? Are we only able to play the games provided by the Microsoft Store or XBox?I have a Dell XPS 8940 with Windows 11...
  6. XBox games bought in store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox games bought in store: Since I have the XBox app can a game bought in a store, example Wal-Mart, be installed and played on a PC? Are we only able to play the games provided by the Microsoft Store or XBox?I have a Dell XPS 8940 with Windows 11...
  7. game showes in store that it is not bought

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game showes in store that it is not bought: so i have forza horizon 4 and i have had it for a year now. i go to open the app and it closes i go on microsoft store to see if there is any update and it shows that i have not bought the game. what am i supposed to do?...
  8. Can't install game that I have bought earliel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install game that I have bought earliel?: Hey, I got a problem with installing game that I bought almost 2 years ago. So when I go look my order history it says I bought it and I even remember buying it. Here is picture of order history. https://prnt.sc/vrg0pa Here is a picture from my owned games in Microsoft...
  9. Windows Store - Can't install games or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store - Can't install games or apps: I bought the game pass for PC and successfully installed a game or two yesterday. However today when i tried to install a game the store was downloading 'Gaming Services' along with the game but got stuck on the installation faze. So i googled the problem and reset the store...
  10. Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store: Hi. So yesterday I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and when I tried to open it, nothin. I saw a screen for a split-second, and then it disappeared again. I have followed numerous guides and articles, and I tried to reinstall it, and now the game just wont...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install bought windows game

2. windowsa cant install games bought from windows store

3. cant install astroneer windows store

4. cant install games from windows store