Windows 10: Windows Store completely broken: no Windows\WinStore folder

Discus and support Windows Store completely broken: no Windows\WinStore folder in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; This is not a question but actually an answer. So your WIndows Store is broken and nothing else you've found on the net didn't help. Do the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Andrei Shur, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Windows Store completely broken: no Windows\WinStore folder

This is not a question but actually an answer.

So your WIndows Store is broken and nothing else you've found on the net didn't help. Do the following:

1. Change ownership of your Program Files the one without x86 and all it's contents to your user or user group.

2. Go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. Find folder named "microsoft.windowsstore_some_numbers_neutral" there.

3. Copy that folder to C:\Windows. Rename it to WinStore.

4. Change ownership of Program Files back to "NT Service\TrustedInstaller".

5. Voila.

I also want to highlight that I had this problem on a fresh reinstall. Thanks to Microsoft for being of below zero help.

:)

Andrei Shur, Oct 15, 2020

2. Store is completely broken, WINDOWS/WinStore does not exist

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot

FoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

MsSwiftFarrow, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Store is completely broken, WINDOWS/WinStore does not exist

Hello,

I would suggest you to re-register the Windows Store App. To re-register, please try these steps:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys.

b) Click on the “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

c) On the command prompt window, copy and paste the following command, and then press “ENTER

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

d) Check the result displayed on the command prompt window.

e) If it was successfully processed, then type “Exit” and press “ENTER”.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Windows Store completely broken: no Windows\WinStore folder

Store is completely broken, WINDOWS/WinStore does not exist

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I request you to run the inbuilt app troubleshooter.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows” + “X” and select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting and select View all on left hand side of the screen.

• Select the App and follow the instruction to troubleshoot.

Method 2:

Reset the Store.

I request you to follow the steps below to reset the Windows store:

• Press the “Win Logo” + “R”

• Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:

You may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and press Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store completely broken: no Windows\WinStore folder

1. Windows Store completely broken: no Windows\WinStore folder - Similar Threads - Store completely broken

2. Windows Store Completely Broken on a New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Completely Broken on a New PC: Brand new PC, windows store will not do anything, it will downloads apps and then fail on installation and give the "something is wrong on our end" error.The moment you do the WSReset it deletes itself and becomes unopenable ever again no matter what you do. Re-registering,...
  3. Windows Store Completely Broken on a New PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Completely Broken on a New PC: Brand new PC, windows store will not do anything, it will downloads apps and then fail on installation and give the "something is wrong on our end" error.The moment you do the WSReset it deletes itself and becomes unopenable ever again no matter what you do. Re-registering,...
  4. Microsoft Store Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Completely Broken: My Xbox app was broken, so I uninstalled it with the intent to reinstall. However, the Microsoft store has been infinitely attempting to install it ever since. This is made stranger as the install never ended but the Xbox App is back on my PC, but could no longer install...
  5. Microsoft Store Completely Broken

Microsoft Store Completely Broken: My Xbox app was broken, so I uninstalled it with the intent to reinstall. However, the Microsoft store has been infinitely attempting to install it ever since. This is made stranger as the install never ended but the Xbox App is back on my PC, but could no longer install...
  6. Microsoft Store is completely broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is completely broken: I've had the game pass for 2 months but the Microsoft Store stopped working about 1.5 months ago which made me reinstall the xbox app but since then all apps have crashed when trying to initially install it. I've tried reset commands in the console, resetting the store cache,...
  7. MS Store completely BROKEN!

MS Store completely BROKEN!: Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried to view an app page on the store, loads and crashes (can only close the window with the red X) Tried to check on updates, see only a spinning circle. Can't scroll down on the app pages, whole app gets stuck! Damn, that store is such a piece...
  8. MS Store completely BROKEN!

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store completely BROKEN!: Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried to view an app page on the store, loads and crashes (can only close the window with the red X) Tried to check on updates, see only a spinning circle. Can't scroll down on the app pages, whole app gets stuck! Damn, that store is such a piece...
  9. Windows Store Completely Broken

Windows Store Completely Broken: Hi, my Microsoft Store is completely broken. I am running on Version 20H2 Build 19042.867 and my Microsoft store seems to have been completely deleted. If I type it in start, it shows up, but when I click on it, it does not open. When I go to “Add or remove programs” in...
  10. Store is completely broken

Store is completely broken: All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new one. And there is an app that I know is installed, it says "this app needs to be installed on your internal drive" ..sometimes...