Windows 10: Windows store constantly refreshing

Discus and support Windows store constantly refreshing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Ok so I gifted my friend Sea Of Thieves, and he started installing it. At some point during it, he left and turned off his computer. When he gets back,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ThomasMomalee, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Windows store constantly refreshing

Ok so I gifted my friend Sea Of Thieves, and he started installing it. At some point during it, he left and turned off his computer. When he gets back, he opens Microsoft Store and it just starts 'flickering' as if it is constantly refreshing the start page. He can't click anywhere on the Store page, but if he changes the tab, it stops refreshing. As soon as he goes back onto the Microsoft Store it starts refreshing again. How can he fix this?

:)

ThomasMomalee, Nov 29, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Thanks! *Smile Windows store constantly refreshing :) Sounds fine (Ctrl+R as a 2nd way to do the same would be nice too).
    IF you do not want to overburden the main window GUI with the extra Refresh button I suggest, Refresh could be added to the system menu in top left instead, and/or into Settings.
    (such as add a button labeled "Refresh main tab" or similar text of your choosing to Settings)

4. LeonLaude Win User

Windows store constantly refreshing

unable to download games from app store

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows store, follow the steps below.

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows store constantly refreshing

1. Windows store constantly refreshing - Similar Threads - store constantly refreshing

2. Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC: When I open Minecraft java edition and go to login with Microsoft it will constantly refresh the loading screen is this a known issue and is there a fix?...
  3. Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC: When I open Minecraft java edition and go to login with Microsoft it will constantly refresh the loading screen is this a known issue and is there a fix?...
  4. Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop Crashing/Refreshing Constantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Crashing/Refreshing Constantly?: Hey! Hopefully this isn't against the rules but I can't exactly find the problem I have online. I tend to save a lot of things to my desktop while I'm working on them, which is bad practice so maybe I just need to stop doing it, but basically every time something in my...
  6. Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?: My Windows 10 64-bit workstation is very stable, and has been so for at least 2 years. Never crashes or locks up. Easily the best and most reliable Windows workstation I've ever owned. However, recently when I move files or do file-related things in Windows Explorer, the...
  7. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  8. Windows constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  9. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing: I know this problem has been posted here a million times, but no other solution has yet worked for my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 that I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. It's been working mostly without a hitch, but I've run into the dreaded "constant...
  10. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...