Windows 10: windows store corrupted dell support assistant

Discus and support windows store corrupted dell support assistant in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have an alienware 17 r5 laptop with windows 10 pro build 1809. before support assistant was working ok and i could run it. after that windows store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cns00, Sep 4, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

windows store corrupted dell support assistant

i have an alienware 17 r5 laptop with windows 10 pro build 1809. before support assistant was working ok and i could run it. after that windows store updated support assistant and that was weird since i disabled auto updates in the store. support assistant ran after the update. after that i restarted the laptop and then i saw that support assistant disappeared from the start menu. i checked the program files folder and the support assistant folder was still there. that means that windows store corrupted support assistant because it is no longer showing in the start menu. after that i used revo uninstaller pro and i uninstalled support assistant and i wiped any remaining traces of the application. is what i did ok? also does it matter if i dont reinstall support assistant? i dont use it

:)

cns00, Sep 4, 2019

2. Dell Support System Fails to Open and Update

Thanks,

I followed the instructions holding down CTRL/ESC and nothing happened.
    Maybe it does not work on my model.
    I downloaded the drivers againnnnnn and they will not install.

I managed to right click, and open the Dell Assist program.

I ran the numerous functions, but it would not update the drivers.

I feel like that is a modest victory.

---

I tried the Dell Support link one more time.....to update my drivers. At the top it says....let us analyze to see if you have any drivers to be updated. When I enter the option, it returns a message that says I have none to update.

But two inches below that is says I have 19 drivers to update and it lists the dates that they were updated and some are several months old. It seems that if they had been downloaded properly that today's date would be listed instead of the ones from May and April etc....

Furthermore, it I had none to update then it should not list the 19 suggested updates.

This is frustrating.

I found the number for Dell Consumer Help.......800-624-9897.

But they are only open from 7AM - 7PM Central Time.

I will call Thursday.

Customer Support Phone Numbers | Dell US

RaymondWindoz10, Sep 4, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    dell support assist

Hi Haris, lots of users are reporting this for the last few days. There is an incompatibility with Dell Support assist and the latest Windows Update

Hopefully Dell are taking notice of this and will release an update within a few days . ..

DaveM121, Sep 4, 2019
  4. RichardC Win User

Dell Support System Fails to Open and Update

Dell recently updated their support assist platform. It wouldn't work on my pc either. What I had to do was completely remove dell support assist from my pc, which I did with Revo Unistall to get a complete removal, and then go to Dell website to download the suggested support assist for my particular pc. Installed and rebooted and it works fine. It does say I need to update my wifi driver but that fails on install. Not really worried because the current driver seems to be preferred by windows. I believe you can have support assist dismiss the "update driver" request.

Update: I misspoke. They isn't a way to have support assist dismiss the driver update request. Unless I'm missing it.

RichardC, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. windows store corrupted dell support assistant - Similar Threads - store corrupted dell

2. dell support assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell support assist: I have the newest and latest version of support assist. when i try to run the hardware scan it keeps failing say exc command failed. Del has been trying to resolve this issue for weeks now. The tried today and said it is a dll error. and that i have to re install the...
  3. dell support assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dell support assist: I have the newest and latest version of support assist. when i try to run the hardware scan it keeps failing say exc command failed. Del has been trying to resolve this issue for weeks now. The tried today and said it is a dll error. and that i have to re install the...
  4. dell support assist

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dell Support Assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Support Assist: Support assist launcher or installer will stop as soon as it starts to install. Below is the event log entry, help pease: Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 2/21/2021 9:21:47 PM Event ID: 1024 Task Category: None Level:...
  6. Dells Support Assist?

Dells Support Assist?: This display is now on the bottom of my Dell Desk Top. If I click on it a box comes up. I "X" it out and it comes back. I notice also that my screen no longer turns off if not in use after 15 minutes. It stays on all the time. What is this???...
  7. Support Assist Dell

Support Assist Dell: Every time I try to run Support Assist on my laptop, an error code occurs. BAD POOL CALLER. Can I simply remove this program? Do I really need it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-assist-dell/b26fb1d5-fc84-4eec-9e4c-3055a60f67ef
  8. Dell Support Assist

Dell Support Assist: Dell Support Assist program does not work on Windows 10. My laptop is on the Windows Insider Program running Build 190921-1704. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-support-assist/506f837a-e9c6-4929-9490-b1140f6cc47c
  9. Dell Support Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Support Assist: Dell Support Assist has not been working since the latest Microsoft updates. Will there be a fix soon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-support-assist/9421e14a-3f6a-4efa-9159-e2e5dce7feca
  10. Dell support assistant

Dell support assistant: I am trying to scan computer using Dell support assistant, and it will do everything but scan hardware. I can update drivers and everything else, but scan hardware. I have tried rebooting several times then running support assistant, but still nothing The contract expired 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell supportassist for pcs version 2.2.2 problems