Windows 10: Windows Store Crash, Leads to BSOD, Refresh Apps using PowerShell - failed, Now can't reset...

Discus and support Windows Store Crash, Leads to BSOD, Refresh Apps using PowerShell - failed, Now can't reset... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi gurus After the last update; my apps stopped updating through Microsoft Store plus I had a few BSODs (though actually green now with CRITICAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeeBrook1, Sep 3, 2019.

1. LeeBrook1 Win User

Windows Store Crash, Leads to BSOD, Refresh Apps using PowerShell - failed, Now can't reset...

Hi gurus

After the last update; my apps stopped updating through Microsoft Store plus I had a few BSODs (though actually green now with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED) , I used the troubleshooter, it recommended trying to repair then reset the apps if repair did not work, it didn't, I did and lost access to store. I searched the forums and found the how to restore Store via powershell, it didn't work. I tried the restore all apps via powershell; it didn't work, the error message was something along the lines of "failed due to instance of already running" (this is from memory as I promptly got another BSOD -CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and did not have time to copy the error). I then created a new user; all to no avail. I went for the reset this PC and can't do this as I can't access my Microsoft account in settings to verify I own my copy of Windows Pro as the activation key has disappeared. I'm now frankly flummoxed and need help. Please can someone shed some light on this?

Thank you in advance

Lee

:)

LeeBrook1, Sep 3, 2019

2. APP STORE CRASH

Hi Robert,

Thanks posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that Windows store crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell
      • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
      • Close the Powershell window
      • Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Store fails with 0x80073CF9

Hi Aren,

It is possible that the Microsoft Store components are corrupted that's why you can't install or update apps. Since you have done some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store. See steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

If issue still persists, you can also reinstall Store using Windows PowerShell. See steps below:

• Open Windows PowerShell with admin rights. On the search bar, type Windows PowerShell. Right-click on the Windows PowerShell entry in the result and then click
      Run as administrator.
    • In the PowerShell, copy and paste the following command and then press Enter to execute it.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Once done, try to open Store and install apps.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Windows Store Crash, Leads to BSOD, Refresh Apps using PowerShell - failed, Now can't reset...

Windows Store "This app can't be opened"

Hi Fred,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Windows Store and Modern apps on your computer. Don’t worry, we are here to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the app troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the following link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Reset the Windows Store cache.

Follow the steps to reset the Windows Store cache

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow method 3 and check.

Method 3:

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Press Enter key.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store Crash, Leads to BSOD, Refresh Apps using PowerShell - failed, Now can't reset...

1. Windows Store Crash, Leads to BSOD, Refresh Apps using PowerShell - failed, Now can't reset... - Similar Threads - Store Crash Leads

2. Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...: Can someone help restore my microsoft store app for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-keeps-crashing-windows-11-i/3a1b8a20-cdc6-48bb-b738-f1a5a57c3b76
  3. Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...: Can someone help restore my microsoft store app for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-keeps-crashing-windows-11-i/3a1b8a20-cdc6-48bb-b738-f1a5a57c3b76
  4. reset Microsoft store app; now have licence issues and can't redownload through PowerShell...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    reset Microsoft store app; now have licence issues and can't redownload through PowerShell...: I couldn't download any apps from the store so i found a solution on here that said to reset microsoft store from the laptop settings. i done this, and afterwards it wouldn't open up again. I then found that any app i had downloaded was no longer accessable, as if it had to...
  5. reset Microsoft store app; now have licence issues and can't redownload through PowerShell...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset Microsoft store app; now have licence issues and can't redownload through PowerShell...: I couldn't download any apps from the store so i found a solution on here that said to reset microsoft store from the laptop settings. i done this, and afterwards it wouldn't open up again. I then found that any app i had downloaded was no longer accessable, as if it had to...
  6. reset Microsoft store app; now have licence issues and can't redownload through PowerShell...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't download Mocrosoft Store using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't download Mocrosoft Store using PowerShell: A little while ago, i tried to fix the "pending" when downloading apps, i tried the "Reset Microsoft Store" and i can't redownload it with PowerShell and get this:"Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0xC0020036:...
  8. system crash leads to BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system crash leads to BSOD: On Sun 09-May-21 1:07:15 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050921-37421-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5C50 Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x994, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803825D87F7Error:...
  9. How to reset Microsoft Store apps using PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Microsoft Store apps using PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers a built-in feature that can reset Windows Store apps downloaded from Microsoft Store, but at times you need reset apps in bulk, […] This article How to reset Microsoft Store apps using PowerShell in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  10. Windows 10. Reset failed, Refresh failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10. Reset failed, Refresh failed.: At the end, both reversed all changes. Suggestions? What is the next thing I can do to accomplish a refresh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reset-failed-refresh-failed/b883cdbb-011f-4b0a-90a4-8b01c07f39f8