Windows 10: Windows Store Crash On Start Up

Discus and support Windows Store Crash On Start Up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are ways to fix it but it will take about an hour of time as I had the problem before on each Windows 10 upgrade or reinstall using the in-place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yellowragz, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Windows Store Crash On Start Up

There are ways to fix it but it will take about an hour of time as I had the problem before on each Windows 10 upgrade or reinstall using the in-place upgrade which usually requires experimenting.

Almighty1, Nov 15, 2015

2. Umm, can You tell me how to fix it except do the clean install ? Its okay for me if it will take some hours

yellowragz, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    There is no need to do a clean install, Delete C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and then do a in-place upgrade.

Almighty1, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Alexx Win User

what do you mean by that?

Alexx, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Sorry Almighty1 for very long reply, i did in-place upgrade and not work haha, well full clean install is the only way I think, thanks for your help Almighty1, very appreciated *Smile

yellowragz, Dec 19, 2015
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    Sorry to hear it didn't work, try this...

Create a new admin level account, login to it, Delete C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and also the C:\Users\<original user>\AppData\Local\Packages and C:\Users\<original user>\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer where <original user> is the user name that has the problem. After that, do the in-place upgrade repair install from the same account, use the 10586 ISO.

Almighty1, Dec 19, 2015
  8. Windows Store Crash On Start Up

Its okay *Smile, btw before i did in-place upgrade, I remove the store with this Powershell command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowsstore*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online, refer to Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums in "To remove Store app from new accounts created afterwards". So, I think delete WindowsApps folder will not work because it similar with what I did before isnt it?

yellowragz, Dec 19, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
    What build of Windows did you do that powershell command in? As 10586, that command is broken and won't work. Removing WindowsApps folder isn't the same as what you did is the uninstall of the app. It will still exist in WindowsApps.

Almighty1, Dec 20, 2015
  10. Sorry again Almighty1 for long reply, after I tried your last solution except the in-place upgrade step, I cant confirm it will work or not. But, when I tried your solution at delete WindowsApps folder's step, I do trial and error that I press Enable Inheritance Button then press continue if some error dialog pops out. Now Im happy to say it solve my problem, thank you so much Almighty1 for your help for my problem *Smile

yellowragz, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Thanks. Ur solution helped me get my Xbox app working after receiving the error "We can't sign you in right now. Try again later. (0x406)" after the splash screen

urbanman2004, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store Crash On Start Up - Similar Threads - Store Crash Start

2. Windows 11 crashes when start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes when start up: I have Lenovo LOQ15 Win11. After windows update, system performed an update and computer started to crash with a blue screen as soon as windows 11 opened. It generally crash 2 times then works normally. Can you help me to identify the problem and solution?...
  3. Windows 11 crashes when start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashes when start up: I have Lenovo LOQ15 Win11. After windows update, system performed an update and computer started to crash with a blue screen as soon as windows 11 opened. It generally crash 2 times then works normally. Can you help me to identify the problem and solution?...
  4. Windows 11 repetitive start up crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 repetitive start up crash: I try to turn on my computer and tries to boot twice, I get into windows then it crashes. On third try it runs without issue. I go to the event viewer and under system I see a caution error and open it and this is what it says. It does this without fail every time I turn it...
  5. Windows 11 repetitive start up crash

Windows 11 repetitive start up crash: I try to turn on my computer and tries to boot twice, I get into windows then it crashes. On third try it runs without issue. I go to the event viewer and under system I see a caution error and open it and this is what it says. It does this without fail every time I turn it...
  6. windows 8.1 store refuses to start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 8.1 store refuses to start up: trying to launch microsoft store in ages to download the microsoft whiteboard app. my problem is that whenever i try to launch the store program, it shows this up: i tried the wsreset.exe but that *literally* did nothing. has the support for winstore 8.1 ended? i thought of...
  7. windows 8.1 store refuses to start up

windows 8.1 store refuses to start up: trying to launch microsoft store in ages to download the microsoft whiteboard app. my problem is that whenever i try to launch the store program, it shows this up: i tried the wsreset.exe but that *literally* did nothing. has the support for winstore 8.1 ended? i thought of...
  8. Windows Crash On Start Up(Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Crash On Start Up(Windows 10): My sister built herself a desktop and forgive me Im not very tech savvy. But every time she turns on her newly built computer after installing windows 10 with a flash drive it crashes on start up. It will continuously do this unless I shut off the computer. Should I try and...
  9. Minecraft crash on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft crash on start up: A few weeks ago I was able to play minecraft but not it seems i cannot. Whem I run the game it shows the mojang screen for a split second and then crashes. Any help would be appreciated thanks....
  10. Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.: I ran SFC and found errors that could not be fixed. here is one log entry: CSI 00000088 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\en-US\ is owned twice or has its security set twice.. Any help?...