Windows 10: Windows Store Crashes on Launch

Discus and support Windows Store Crashes on Launch in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all. I've just reset my Windows 10 laptop (deleted all my files, etc.) and now the Windows Store crashes on launch (within a second or so). I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ketsueki_R, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Windows Store Crashes on Launch

Hi all. I've just reset my Windows 10 laptop (deleted all my files, etc.) and now the Windows Store crashes on launch (within a second or so).

I've tried the following solutions after looking up this issue and none of them solved it.

- Deleting local cache.

- Ensuring that the timezone and region are correct.

- Changing the DNS.

- Changing the preferred GPU to the integrated graphics card.

- Using Powershell to essentially fully reinstall the Store.

- Taking ownership of the WindowsApps folder.

- Ensuring that the Windows Updates service is running and Windows is up-to-date.

- Using a different user account (including the hidden Administrator account).

NOTE: I cannot see Microsoft Store in the "Apps" list under "Settings". Not sure why this is the case. The store shows up on my start menu and everything else.

Any help is greatly appreciated. There are multiple apps on the Microsoft Store that I've purchased that I'd like to install on this fresh Windows 10. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Ketsueki_R
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ketsueki_R, Dec 17, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Windows Store crashes on launch

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Store Crashes on Launch

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store Crashes on Launch

1. Windows Store Crashes on Launch - Similar Threads - Store Crashes Launch

2. Windows Store crashes at launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store crashes at launch: Hi,Whenever I try to open Windows Store, it crashed at launch right when it displays the logo. I don't know if it's related, but Cortana doesn't work either.I've tried:-restarting many times-repairing Store through settings, it just loads forever and doesn't do anything-sfc...
  3. Windows Store crashes at launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store crashes at launch: Hi,Whenever I try to open Windows Store, it crashed at launch right when it displays the logo. I don't know if it's related, but Cortana doesn't work either.I've tried:-restarting many times-repairing Store through settings, it just loads forever and doesn't do anything-sfc...
  4. Windows Store crashes at launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store Apps Crash On Launch

Microsoft Store Apps Crash On Launch: Hello,I'll get straight to the question. I downloaded ARK Survival Evolved from the Microsoft Store on my PC. However, when I try to launch ARK the application opens for about 2 seconds then closes. This same issue also happens when I try and launch ROBLOX, except ROBLOX...
  6. Windows Store Crash On Launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Store Crash On Launch: Hi Windows,My Microsoft Store continues to crash on Launch. I have tried everything "reseting" and run: wsreset but it has not worked. In addition, my search function also continues to crash. This started as a problem with Microsoft Whiteboard when I tried to reinstall and...
  7. Microsoft Store crashes on launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store crashes on launch: Basically when I try to launch Microsoft Store the window opens with a loader and then just closes in a few seconds. Ran these 2 commands:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthsfc /scannowBoth responded with "No issues found"Event Viewer:Faulting application name:...
  8. Microsoft Store crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store crashing on launch: Every time I try to open Microsoft Store it just crashes.I tried everything reseting the microsoft store,even tried to open the app using wsreset.exe an error occured and also I uninstalled the store and reinstalled it but it just crashes on launch.Help... submitted by...
  9. windows 10 store games are crashing on launch

windows 10 store games are crashing on launch: Every time I try and play a game that I downloaded from the windows store it opens the image of the game surrounded by a black border and then it just goes black and then closes in like the span of 3 seconds please help! Specs: -Ryzen 5 2400g stock clocks -8gb(2x4) 2667...
  10. Microsoft store games crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games crashing on launch: Every time I launch games from the Microsoft store such as ARK: Survival Evolved, Forza and Sea of Thieves (The only Microsoft store games I have downloaded on my pc) the games show me this: [IMG]Then they immediately close out as if they never launched. I've updated...