Windows 10: Windows Store crashes when pressing install on a certain game

Discus and support Windows Store crashes when pressing install on a certain game in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; the game in question: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/danger-goat/9njjmtrll0zr?activetab=pivot:overviewtab I have tried running wsreset and this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mlkybrs r on me, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Windows Store crashes when pressing install on a certain game

the game in question:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/danger-goat/9njjmtrll0zr?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I have tried running wsreset and this is a clean install of x64 pro 1903 (18362.418)

Here is the crashlog from event viewer:

Faulting application name: WinStore.App.exe, version: 11910.1001.4.0, time stamp: 0x5d9bcb46

Faulting module name: MFMediaEngine.dll, version: 10.0.18362.329, time stamp: 0x8bbe0a69

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000ea1a5

Faulting process ID: 0x2ee4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d57f46cd698d72

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11910.1001.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WinStore.App.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\MFMediaEngine.dll

Report ID: 96e76755-9e3e-432f-92f3-84eaa382c3b5

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsStore_11910.1001.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Any ideas?

:)

mlkybrs r on me, Oct 10, 2019
  2. ctsao68 Win User

Windows 10: Problems installing certain games through Windows Store and getting error code "0xc000027b".

Original Title: Problems installing certain games through Windows Store?

I am having a weird problem involving the Windows Store on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. If I try to install certain games like Forza Motorsport 6 Apex or Killer Instinct, the appstore crashes. I can install other apps just fine, but for some reason,
    trying to install those specific games crashes the Windows Store. The event viewer lists exception code 0xc000027b.

ctsao68, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Windows Store Game Crashes/Won't launch

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why your games are crashing on your PC. Corrupted game components or system files may cause the issue. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter on this
    link. After running the troubleshooter, you may follow the instructions provided or manually check for updates and install all the critical or important updates on this

link

You can also reset the game from the Settings menu to help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Make sure that your games and apps are updated on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 10, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows Store crashes when pressing install on a certain game

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store crashes when pressing install on a certain game

1. Windows Store crashes when pressing install on a certain game - Similar Threads - Store crashes pressing

2. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  3. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing with certain games: My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no...
  4. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing with certain games: My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no...
  5. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer crashes when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes when playing certain games: My computer crashes when playing For Honor, Warhammer Vermintide 2, and attempting to start New World. I've reset my windows and done several other troubleshooting methods on this website. I've tried contacting support, but Microsoft doesn't have online chats and the phone...
  7. Windows Store Freezes When Pressing Install

Windows Store Freezes When Pressing Install: Windows Store keeps on freezing when I press install. Here are some of the things I did https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/windows-store-freezing-when-pressing-install/93ebb291-0758-4da1-8424-6920db3eb408...
  8. Crashing when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing when playing certain games.: Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, as I'm not entirely sure what sort of crash I'm having. This PC was my first custom build, first assembled in March 2020. I've noticed since then that I'll frequently crash while playing games - with Modern...
  9. I can't install certain games on the windows store.

I can't install certain games on the windows store.: I am unable to install certain games. so far, I am unable to install Sea of thieves and trailmakers.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-certain-games-on-the-windows-store/a2d214d3-cc5e-4380-b2f9-74cc18d92134
  10. Windows Store Freezing when pressing Install

Windows Store Freezing when pressing Install: Trying to install Forza Horizon 4 Lego DLC. Ive purchased it and it when I press Install on the screen it sits it freezes and after sitting there for a while just closes....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mlkybrs r on me

2. microsoft store crashes after pressing install button