Windows 10: Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app!

Discus and support Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app! in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I factory reset my PC, and now the App Store is missing...so I tried the Microsoft webstore......the web-Store does not even begin the download I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by lolxlol21, Feb 17, 2021.

1. lolxlol21 Win User

Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app!

I factory reset my PC, and now the App Store is missing...so I tried the Microsoft webstore......the web-Store does not even begin the download I have footage....it sort of glitches and does not load the download!

I have tried several solutions including:

The Comand prompt- Did not work, I even watched the official video about how to "fix" the Microsoft store...I tried everything on the video!

Contacting Microsoft.....one of them said 'it will work guaranteed'- did not work! Now I have this Security risk thing stuck here!

Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app! fe3cfc16-0fb0-4086-8def-dde3fc765afc?upload=true.jpg

This is it ^

- it let the Microsoft staff control the PC mouse and access the settings and things!
    I tried fully deleting it, but it would not appear in settings! so I contacted Oficial Microsoft.....the person I spoke with said it was only temporary....so I could get rid of it!.......nope still here....1 year later!

Tried going to look for it in settings.......does not even show up!

its been at least a year since I reset my PC.....I had apps that were useful before the reset....I would like them back!

I cant also find my wish list anymore on the store, its where I stored the app pages until I can download

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

lolxlol21, Feb 17, 2021
  2. lx07 Win User

Windows Store Reset

Why did you delete them?

It wasn't working for me, set up as live tile but not updating the picture. I then went to featured app in the store as you suggested, then ran wsreset and it started working.

Was that your steps? I did read them but I forgot what they are now and I seem to have only done 2 steps.

3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app!

Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app!

1. Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app! - Similar Threads - Store deleted Factory

2. Microsoft store won't open after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't open after a factory reset: Hello, I'm using a pc with a windows 11 s mode as an OS, I had to factory reset, and as a result, I can't open the microsoft store. It tells me that I need another app to do so. Also I can't open the windows powershell as well with the same mesg as the reason. Could you help...
  3. Microsoft Store Not Installed After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Installed After Factory Reset?: Hi so, to get straight to the point I recently factory reset my Laptop. When the reset was finished a lot of the manufacturing companies originally installed apps were not installed, so I went to install them but Microsoft store is non-existant. No files for it, no app for...
  4. Microsoft Store Not Installed After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Not Installed After Factory Reset?: Hi so, to get straight to the point I recently factory reset my Laptop. When the reset was finished a lot of the manufacturing companies originally installed apps were not installed, so I went to install them but Microsoft store is non-existant. No files for it, no app for...
  5. MS store deleted after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store deleted after reset: So I had always problem with windows updates on my laptop becouse they were like freezed or idk what for so long that my laptop just had to shut down.Which boreke it but thats not the main problem.I always factory reseted my laptop with files backup but this time it deleted...
  6. A rogue app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A rogue app: I tried to uninstall an app, but it blocks me saying the app is running and I need too close it first. The app is not visibly running anywhere. How do I find this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-rogue-app/f980c7f0-ba67-4ca2-a1cf-03734dbb5142
  7. Microsoft Store deleted off my computer after factory reset. HELP!

Microsoft Store deleted off my computer after factory reset. HELP!: Windows specs: edition: Windows 10 version: 1909 OS build: 18363.836 After factory resetting my computer and deleting all files data erasure windows store is mysteriously gone. I have tried running windows store troubleshoot said everything was working, also tried...
  8. Windows Store deleted off my computer after factory reset. HELP!

Windows Store deleted off my computer after factory reset. HELP!: Windows specs: edition: Windows 10 version: 1909 OS build: 18363.836 After factory resetting my computer and deleting all files data erasure windows store is mysteriously gone. I have tried running windows store troubleshoot said everything was working, also tried...
  9. Windows Store app missing after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store app missing after factory reset: I deleted everything from my C: folder to move it to a new drive. That messed things up so I reset my computer optioning to remove all files. After the reset, the windows store app is missing. I tried using windows powershell to fix it and found an error up to ....
  10. System 32 Deleted after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Support
    System 32 Deleted after Factory Reset: ( I attached the picture of the message I get when I start computer up to the post) So one day I decided to do a factory reset on my ASUS DESKTOP PC and when I did the factory reset it also deleted my windows I assume? So now everytime I turn on my computer I get straight...